Challenge TV vs Brangwen!

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
MarkHemingway
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

ICE WARRIORS?

Post by MarkHemingway »

Challenge TV show Ice Warriors? That show was a total flop, it only lasted one series!

The only good thing about Ice Warriors was Dani Behr as host.
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Challenge TV vs Brangwen!

Post by DavidNewton »

I never watched Ice Warriors, although I remember the goblin thing that looked uncannily like Cilla Black. I used to watch Gladiators, cheesy as it now seems. The Wall, Gauntlet, Pendulum, and that game where the contender had to fire tennis balls at the gladiator while the gladiator shot at them using a nuclear powered fusion cannon or something.
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I never watched Ice Warriors, although I remember the goblin thing that looked uncannily like Cilla Black. I used to watch Gladiators, cheesy as it now seems. The Wall, Gauntlet, Pendulum, and that game where the contender had to fire tennis balls at the gladiator while the gladiator shot at them using a nuclear powered fusion cannon or something.
I never watched Ice Warriors, but I may tune in to the repeat just to see the Cilla lookalike. Does it offer "a lorra lorra laffs, chuck" too?

If my vague memories are correct (and they may well be wrong in this case), the Gladiators game you mention was called Battle Zone.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

That was probably it. I was always annoyed at how they never showed it in full, instead choosing to just have a quick "highlights" section of it, while old events like The Wall and Powerball got the full game shown.
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Thanatos
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Thanatos »

It was called Danger Zone.
"The Tory Party is the cream of society: rich, thick and full of clots." - anonymous
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

That's it! Well done. Gladiators had loads of different games by the end. Must have been about 20 of them. That's about 19 more than Fort Boyard with Mellisandre Messenger, the woman who seems to find it physically impossible to stop smiling.  
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

It's Melinda Messenger, actually!

Methinks someone's been watching too much Km!  ;D
Subject to change.
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

Surely that was deliberate.

Surely? <¦-)
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Surely that was deliberate.

Surely? <¦-)
Of course it was deliberate. Do you think I'm a fool, dearies? Wait, don't answer that.

And if that smiley is an accuration depiction of your own visage, Mr. Bang, I would consult a cosmetic surgeon wihtout delay.

I forgot to mention Mellisandre's companion in Fort Boyard, Leslie Grimwold (my brother-in-law, dearies).
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 06 Mar 2003, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

What's _wrong_ with my trademark Chinaman smiley?

I'll show you my "visage", but I'll start a new thread for it.
MPK
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by MPK »

So wait a sec, let me just understand this;

Challenge are stopping Knightmare, besides the fact that they are showing it three times a day, because they are not getting enough viewers. What do they expect at putting it on at 3 in the morning!

Oh and as for this new direction, I can look into the future and see other "quality" shows like, the aforementioned  Boyard, Ice warriors, Gladiators, and of course that classic that everyone loved to hate Beadles About! I mean BEADLES ABOUT!!!!!!  >:(
Once again returning... and once again going just as fast!
http://www.abadeducation.com
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Yes, that's about it. But don't forget that fabulous action show, Bargain Hunters! With added "ers"!
MPK
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by MPK »

Have u seen that Boot Sale Challenge, wow, I thought only dodgy people like that appeared only in Knightmare! I wouldnt trust any of them valuators!

You know thats y "not a lot" of people watch Knightmare, because it aint advertised!!! It shud be!

I will only properly respect Challenge TV when it shows ( regularly, and  ALL the episodes) of the folowing shows:
Knightmare
Bullseye
Catchphrase (but only with Roy Walker)

Instead, they show Desert Forges. My that really is quality programming!
Once again returning... and once again going just as fast!
http://www.abadeducation.com
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Catchphrase (but only with Roy Walker)
Come on! What's Mr. Chips doing?
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Something with a bowler hat and a walking stick...  :o
Subject to change.