Challenge TV vs Brangwen!

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Challenge TV vs Brangwen!

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Something with a bowler hat and a walking stick...  :o
It's good, but it's not right.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
David_Cooper
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by David_Cooper »

RAH, It really riles me when people get gameshow Trivia wrong!
Gladiators showed each and every event in full, its just some events, Like Duel and Danger Zone didnt last very long. (3 seconds in some cases)
The entire list of events for Gladiators is (Deep Breath)

The Wall, Swing Shot, Duel, Danger Zone, Atlaspheres, Hang Tough, Powerball, Persuit, Pendulum, Pole Axe, Suspension Bridge, Hit and Run, Sumo Ball, Tightrope, Catapult, Vertigo, Dog Fight, Joust, Tilt, Whiplash, Pyramid,  Skytrak, Gauntlet, The Eliminator.

Thats 24, (Im tempted, but not mad enough to List the Fort Boyard games to prove there were more) but im not convinced ive got them all, i refuse to look it up! :P

One Event was created for the UK but never used.

Cyclotron

Three Events are/were Shown in other countires

Breakthrough and Conqure, Human Canonball, Snapback

As for the list of shows Im waiting for Challenge? to show, Only Scavengers remains unshown (the rest being, Crystal Maze, Gladiators, Knightmare and The Adventure Game)

Im gonna stand up for Ed Tudor-Pole, Fort Boyard (FANTASTIC) Desert Forges (Not Enoug Variety but still good) and Sandra Carron (Mumsie and Auntie Sabrina Actress) just to cause some contovesy :oD
I am the Brangwen She. Take your hands from off of me. If you try to touch my rear. I shall see that you meet Lord Fear.
MPK
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by MPK »

What about Ice Warriors and Takeshis Castle!

Lets face it these are also rubbish and could end up replacing Knightmare!

Lets boo them!
Once again returning... and once again going just as fast!
http://www.abadeducation.com
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Mumsy and Auntie Sabrina were great. I'm afraid I still think Ed's horse, Bert, would have been a better presenter than ET-P himself.

I posted a much longer message earlier, but the forum ate it. You'll be glad to hear I won't post it all again.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Thanatos
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Thanatos »

Thanks, David - how could I have forgotten Scavengers? A classic.
"The Tory Party is the cream of society: rich, thick and full of clots." - anonymous
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

Scavengers was great, though I don't remember much about it - was Knightmare-like in having "plot" elements, as far as I can remember, though the token baddie never really scared me.

I remember the shuttle was the Vulture, but I can't remember what the name of the derelict space station was - it's been bothering me for years. Any ideas?
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Thanatos
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Thanatos »

Cyclops.
"The Tory Party is the cream of society: rich, thick and full of clots." - anonymous
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

Yahoo!
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
MPK
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by MPK »

Incidentally, did anyone watch Knightmare on Saturday?

The woman presenter said at the end of Knightmare that it returns again at 5 next week! Did anyone else hear this? I thought they werent gonna show anymore till may?
Once again returning... and once again going just as fast!
http://www.abadeducation.com
JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

Quote: "Incidentally, did anyone watch Knightmare on Saturday?  

The woman presenter said at the end of Knightmare that it returns again at 5 next week! Did anyone else hear this? I thought they werent gonna show anymore till may?" (Incidentally, I don't know how other people manage to get quotes to appear in white boxes, so this will have to do).

I have been to the Challenge? website after reading the above, and there was no Knightmare mentioned for next Saturday :(. I heard about lots of errors being made by the announcers (although I do not have Challenge at all ) :(, so I wondered if this was an error and instead that was the episode shown on Sunday.

Incidentally, when errors were made about the times by Challenge?, did they say anything unusual at the time that was mentioned in error (e.g. an apology, and mentioning the correct time?) Or did they just leave you in the lurch?
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

I don't know, but maybe the Challenge links between shows are pre-recorded so maybe the wrong one gets played from time to time.

Joe - to get Quotes in white boxes, simply click on 'Quote' instead of 'Reply' when you respond to the message - then you edit the code you see so that the bit you want in white boxes are within the [quote] tags. You can always use the Preview function to see what your post will look like before finally posting it.
Last edited by Illusion on 01 Apr 2003, 00:43, edited 1 time in total.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

I heard about lots of errors being made by the announcers (although I do not have Challenge at all ) :(, so I wondered if this was an error and instead that was the episode shown on Sunday.

Incidentally, when errors were made about the times by Challenge?, did they say anything unusual at the time that was mentioned in error (e.g. an apology, and mentioning the correct time?) Or did they just leave you in the lurch?
I can definitely field the last one! The lurch! They took a while to change the announcements, and there was definitely no apology. When they changed it, the new announcement didn't give any idea at all of when the next episode would be.

I think the final error on the Saturday was just because they repeated the same message they'd read the few Saturdays before. (Yes, it would be logical to advertise the Sunday episode on Saturday, but Challenge? chose to mention the one the following week instead!) It's kinda hard to explain all the incompetence, really, so I won't wind myself up trying.

On the forum options, quoting, and such, the "help" option on the blue bar at the top of the page is definitely worth investigating if (like me) you get confused by all the options and functions.
Glenn
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Glenn »

I'm still pretty narked that Challenge have taken Knightmare off.  >:( Even the Brollachan could notice Challenge TV's ignorance.

Still I can't wait to see Knightmare again at Easter. Maybe Challenge will realize Knightmare is worth keeping on and also showing more series'.  :)
All other knowledge is denied you!
Steve
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Steve »

Lets make sure we get as many people as possible to tune in over easter, lets make sure the ratings are really representitive of KM's MASSIVE fanbase.

And scavengers, i remember that - it was cool!

And heres my addition, prob not that funny but i like it.

Set at the end of series 7 just after the Troll has crushed Fear etc.
Lord Fear:Lissard, LISSARD! WHERE ARE YOU COME AND HELP ME!

Lissard: I c...c...can't massssssster

Lord Fear: Y NOT!

Lissard: You know that ssssssslimy, ssssssscaly thing underneath you?

Lord Fear:YES?

Lissard: Well that'ssssss the sssssslimy challenge TV producersssss - They won't sssssssshow anymore Knightmare for the Kidsesssssss!

Lord Fear: Those Evil #!@?~ers I'll get even with them for this if its the last thing I DO!
Steve

Came, Saw, Mastered, Moved on...
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Well, I thought it was funny.