One question

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Re: CHALLENGE RATINGS

Post by Pickle123 »

i have never seen the caste thing but i still get annoyed at it...big red banner all over my lovely knightmare ???
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I dont get why Takeshi's Castle is still so popular, yeah I found it hilarious the first few times I watched it but after that it just gets a little boring with the same Japanese people making fools of themselves and getting muddy and hurt in the process.

Plus I cant stand Craig Charles

Knightmare is just soooooooo much better, people just dont have a clue!
I have to agree. It is pretty original and funny when you watch a few episodes, but I got bored very quickly. It's like "You've Been Framed" and shows like that for me- there's only so many times you can laugh at someone falling over or having their crotch bitten by some animal.

I really can't believe there are 4 writers needed to produce the script. I mean, really.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

We can only hope that they play it too much that people get bored with it then Knightmare will be more popular. I hope that Takeshis castle is one of those short lasting phases that people go through.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

We can only hope that they play it too much that people get bored with it then Knightmare will be more popular. I hope that Takeshis castle is one of those short lasting phases that people go through.
I don't know. It's been popular for a fair while now, although that is helped by the fact they advertise it a great deal.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

As I've said before it's all down to advertisement. I keep seeing ads for Takeshis Castle and You Bet but the only time I see an ad for Knightmare is when they show the combined ad. So I don't think they advertise it as much as the others!
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Remember that just because Knightmare doesn't feature in the top ten for that week doesn't mean that it isn't getting good viewing figures. Even Fort Boyard which was previously in the top ten in recent weeks (even the 5pm slot) but doesn't feature this time.

I think 6pm is a good slot for a programme like Knightmare... yes some people won't be back from work yet but on the other hand loads of people are e.g. students. TV channels tend to schedule programmes that appeal to both children's and the 'youth' audience in the 6-7pm slot as there are a lot of people in this age group aviailable to watching TV at the time.

Advertising will help yes, but if Knightmare is popular enough than it should be getting a reasonable audience on its own merit. The biggest advert is the schedule - its on at a prime time 6pm slot every weekday.
Last edited by Illusion on 19 Jun 2003, 21:30, edited 1 time in total.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Takeshi's Castle is rather funny.  I think the fact they don't take it seriously aids it a lot.

KM is of course better, I suspect the ratings will claimb for week two when more people realise it is on.  It deserves a top 10 slot.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

here here,

i mean if the amount of new sign ups here is any signal (bearing in mind only a tiny % will sign up here but loads will watch) i reckon there's a good chance :D
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

And this website will be more and more popular and we will get more and more members here ;) if there are loads more people matching Knightmare. Also I was wandering how many people on average watch Challenge??
Last edited by MoanaLiza on 20 Jun 2003, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Also I was wandering how many people on average watch Challenge??
Well, according to the latest figures available on the BARB website (official TV audience research), viewers who have access to multi-channel TV watch Challenge on average 11 minutes per week, which gives it an overall 0.7% share of all viewing.

This may not seem very much but it puts Challenge in the top ten of all satellite/cable/digital channels (excluding terrestrial) based on share of viewing in May 2003.

As for actual audience figures for Challenge programmes, these probably range from a few thousand to around 200,000 viewers.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I can't understand why Challenge? isn't listed in a few of the tv guides I have seen including the Sky mag. It's alright for those people who get Sky digital, which has it's own tv guide, but how many people didn't catch Knightmare being shown on Challenge? before it was almost too late? Like me. Also how many people who get Sky digital with Challenge? still don't know that it's being shown?
Steve
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Steve »

sorry to sound like a pessimist here but i seriously doubt that the KM raitings (however good) are going to top takeshi's.
if u think about it, almost all of the ppl who watch KM at 6 will undoubtedly watch on when takeshi comes on at 6:30(its not that bad really). add on to that the Purly takeshi fans who(for whatever insane reason) choose to miss KM and tune in at 6:30 and we see why KM will never make the challenge top 10.

However, if they gave each program only 1 slot on the board with their viewer figures shown as an average of the whole weeks viewing we may see knightmare comming in a close second!
Wud certainly be better than the current format which tells us nothing except how wonderfully popular takeshi is(and this would also be shown under the proposed new format if it got the top slot)
Steve

Came, Saw, Mastered, Moved on...
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

i never watch anything else on challenge, most of its full of junk. Anway i'm one of the ones who watch Takeshi's castle after knightmare lol, But yes it's getting boring seen all theses episodes before.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Another set of Challenge ratings are out!

Challenge      Millions Viewing (Including Timeshift) - w/e 15/06/2003
 Programme Total
1 TAKESHI'S CASTLE/TAKESHI'S CASTLE SERIES (Mon 1830 0.13  
2 TAKESHI'S CASTLE/TAKESHI'S CASTLE SERIES (Wed 1830 0.12  
3 TAKESHI'S CASTLE/TAKESHI'S CASTLE SERIES (Thu 1830 0.10  
4 TAKESHI'S CASTLE/TAKESHI'S CASTLE SERIES (Sun 2030 0.10  
5 TAKESHI'S CASTLE/TAKESHI'S CASTLE SERIES (Tue 1830 0.10  
6 TAKESHI'S CASTLE/TAKESHI'S CASTLE SERIES (Fri 1830 0.10  
7 FORT BOYARD (Thu 1701)  0.09  
8 TAKESHI'S CASTLE/TAKESHI'S CASTLE SERIES (Sun 1830 0.08  
9 TAKESHI'S CASTLE/TAKESHI'S CASTLE SERIES (Sun 1900 0.08  
10 TAKESHI'S CASTLE/TAKESHI'S CASTLE SERIES (Sun 2000 0.08  
Steve
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Steve »

still say they shud give each show only one slot based on its average popularity each week. lets bug them on the forums till the do it that way - u gotta admit it wud tell us more about the channel
Steve

Came, Saw, Mastered, Moved on...