Knightmare on Challenge!

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
Steve
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Knightmare on Challenge!

Post by Steve »

Hi Guys, I posted this in the BBK forum but it sorta belongs here too so im puttin it in both forums.

Im Sure you are all aware that Series 3 of Knightmare has been running on challenge tv every weekend since the new year! Hasnt it been great!

In an effort to have series 1-8 also shown in this manner on challenge, i started a new thread on the challenge tv forum a few weeks back. Although their inital response to my request was a refusal, there have been a significant number of supportive responses from the viewers who post on the forum.

As im sure you all would love to have series 1-8 shown again i would encourage you to get registered with this forum (its very quick, free and easy) and to post your support, lets see if we cant get them to change their minds!

The post is in the programmes section started by "Tenderfoot Apprentice"(thats me!) and it titled "Knightmare - Keep it going!"

Of course i would love to see your support for THIS thread with your replies but i would remind you that the challenge forum is a more important place for it!

Thanks Guys  
Steve

Came, Saw, Mastered, Moved on...
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Knightmare on Challenge!

Post by Kieran »

I would like to state I am in full support of these movements, only my University-ing is stopping me from actively taking part in them.

I will get involved asap, my support is certainly given :)
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
MICKY_MERLIN
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by MICKY_MERLIN »

Steve you have my full support in trying to persuade challenge tv to show the whole series 1 to 8 to give the great programme justice. ;)
Fan
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Fan »

It would be great if they would by the rights to show all 8 series.  One thing is, Do you think they will ever do that?
Trial_by_Spikes
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Trial_by_Spikes »

I might go and sit outside their offices wearing a Helm of Justice and shouting at their employees until they show all series. I know of course, from the KM books that "agression breeds agression" but, I'm reasonably hard. I ight be difficult to see wearing the helm though. I haven't thought this through ...
Oh look there's J.G. Ballard in a burnt-out fridge with a spitfire pilot.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Tim Child himself has said that getting the rights to show one series of Km is expensive - what with Equity fees and all. It was a miracle that we managed to get them to get series 3.

I think that once they've used up their rights to series 3, then they might look into getting another series.
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I might go and sit outside their offices wearing a Helm of Justice and shouting at their employees until they show all series. I know of course, from the KM books that "agression breeds agression" but, I'm reasonably hard. I ight be difficult to see wearing the helm though. I haven't thought this through ...
LOL.

Going to Challenge?'s website forums and posting your support might be slightly less hassle, but if that's too tame for you, I say go ahead with your plan as it stands. If you get any hassle, poke them with the Reach Wand.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

This is a great idea, infact I propose all of us on these forums get together, go to their offices, and act out re-constructions from episodes of Knightmare right outside their offices, we could also demand to speak to the Chief Executive of Challenge to persuede them to change their mind about Knightmare until they get the hint.

Where are their offices anyway ;)
Gerz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gerz »

Lol I can just imagine it ;D ;) :o
I Love Goblins
Steve
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Steve »

Hi guys, me back again.

would any of u guys have a contact e-mail address for "Broadsword" or better yet tim child himself.

I have an idea to find out if the makers of knightmare would be interested in selling the complete works of knightmare, if not publically over the internet (possibly through THIS site) to all the die hard fans out there. then to just me privately.

obviously the first outcome would be preferable but hey, if they do it for me they might do if for all of ya.

First things first though. does any1 have the e-mail addy of some1 i could ask about this?
Steve

Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Steve: Did you receive the reply I sent to you by e-mail? This has been investigated before. Anglia will sell you videos but at a high cost per episode because of staff costs.

If you want to contact Televirtual/Broadsword you can do so via www.televirtual.com
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Steve
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Steve »

Didnt get the e-mail but thanks for the contact.

Unforunatly theres no hope of any1 buyin all the eps but Tim did say that he was workin on an archive of Knightmare, with all the eps over 2 cds minus some of the repetitive title and end sequences etc (at least thats how I understand it.

Keep your eyes peeled for it ppl, it would go GREAT on this site!

as for challenge they have again said no giving reasons this time but have not ruled it out for the future.
Keep your ears t the ground every1, thanks to all those who supported the challenge endveavour

Thanks
Steve
Steve

GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Unforunatly theres no hope of any1 buyin all the eps but Tim did say that he was workin on an archive of Knightmare, with all the eps over 2 cds minus some of the repetitive title and end sequences etc (at least thats how I understand it.
Oooh, that does sound interesting!

And thanks for your efforts with Challenge? too, Steve. The rest of us who've tried to talk sense to them have really appreciated your input.  
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

YES, this is very interesting, please keep us updated on this devolpment as I'm sure there will be a lot of intrest from everyone on this site to buy it. Also would it be like CD's you can put in your computer to watch or more like DVD's ;)
Last edited by Porsmond on 01 Mar 2003, 00:03, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Steve »

Hi Guys,
Seems like this archive business has caught ur attention, heres Tim's reply in full. Might go well on the website.

Stephen,

thanks for your mail.
Sometime this year we are going to try and record all the series onto a DVD master as a public archive. If we record this at below transmission quality (say VHS), trim off replications of opening and closing titles, then we can probably compress down enough to fit the material onto 2 discs at the most.
The next problem is distribution. We would not be able to sell anything - even to recover the duplication costs, because we have no rights to distribute the work of the actors involved without their permission or payment. Over the years it was a big cast, and although almost all became - and still are - personal friends - there will always be those who will decline to sign a disclaimer, or perhaps their agents will decline for them. What I would like to do is eventually put the whole archive in the public domain, so anyone can access it for viewing..

As I guess you now understand - that's not going to be easy.
In the meantime, it should be obvious that I cannot sell anyone copies of the programmes, for legal reasons. Even when I give them away - as I have to individuals, I am probably breaking the law.

The support of yourself and the other knightfans is a continuing pleasure for me.

thanks

TC
Steve