Filthy Challenge

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Filthy Challenge

Post by Malefact »

Rats!  >:(

Well, it'll be a different story when a new series of Km is broadcast and becomes a huge hit!  ;D

(I suppose I AM a optimist!)
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

In all my now 750 posts, there's a certain smiley I've not used once. However, if I want to describe the reactions of my unusual household when we read the knews on Challenge?'s website, I think it'll be a necessary addition.

GG: >:( Angry and Disappointed.

Festus: >:( >:( >:( But then again, he's always like that, dearies.

The Brollachan: >:( >:( It was hungry for knowledge of other series, and to see its own appearances.

Mr. G: >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( Okay, his mood could never really be described as pleasant, but he was really looking forward to looking down Marta's top and staring at Gwendoline's legs.

Our >:( family  >:( is >:( currently >:( not >:( a >:( happy >:( one, >:( dearies. >:( >:( >:( >:(
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

I agree that its very strange and I have no intention of bombarding Challenge? with abuse (Especially since I have just put in my claim for payment for the interview and I will blow smoke up their delightful backsides until the £100 is safely in my bank account!  ;) ), and as GG rightly said, I too doubt none of us really do plan to do anything like that. It's just incredibly frustrating, thats all. We seemed to be getting somewhere with the 'classic' Knightmare, and dont get me wrong, we all should be proud that it managed to get some exposure with series 3. But then again I was hoping that something could have been arranged more on the long term.
At the end of the day, at least there have been a few positive things happen with Knightmare in the past few months and from now on lets just hope Challenge? can see the error of their ways.
Their own forum is there for people to put comments and suggestions on and as it has been suggested above, if you havent already done so, post on the Knightmare topic and show them that the demand is still there. Maybe they will listen to us if we make use of it.  :)
"You think maybe a girl can't do this? Ha!! Like camel I spit on you!!"
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

What if all of us here on the Knightmare forum wrote emails to Challenge? thanking them for showing series three and we look forward to any furture plans of theirs involving Knightmare. Its cheesy, its soft, but gratitude works. Plus its nice.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

It might look a bit suspicious, coming after their announcement!  ;D

I think it might be more prudent to do it on their programme request forum instead - we don't want to spam them (at least, they might see it as spamming).
Subject to change.
beveryafraid
Creator of Knightmare

Post by beveryafraid »

I think you may be getting a bit hot under the collar for no reason. Challenge is a minority viewer cable channel with a perilously low programming budget.
For them - a dramatised adventure game like KM is very expensive - even to show as re-runs. In any series of Knightmare there are 9 professional actors used and each appearance is subject to equity fees. Then there's the format and writers fees/ It's so much cheaper to show conventional gameshow repeats where there are almost no residual payments to individual artists and writers.
As for ratings - it's a red herring. Challenge's viewer share is so low that  detecting a change in different parts of their schedule is a moot point excercise.
I think you've all done exceedingly well to get them to shell out for a series of Knightmare. If they then decide to show some more, it will be quite exceptional.

The other take-home from this is that if you ever ask an organisation for an official explanation you'll generally get vapour. It's not because they want to lie - it's just that telling the whole truth usually diminishes them........
play the endgame and play only to win
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

That's a very good point. I'd forgotten all about the equity fee issue.

Ftn have been virtually silent, too (we've been asking them about acquiring Km as well so that those of us without Sky, myself included, can see it). Now I know why!

Thanks for your help, beveryafraid!

Much :)
Subject to change.
Catweazle
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Catweazle »

It's a shame that Challenge have no plans for KM,but i suppose we should be grateful that we had any repeats at all. Hopefully, somewhere down the line they'll change their minds.......
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

Can I just raise this point again, that it doesn't seem fitting that the Ultimate Hero is classed as a 'knewbie'?
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Wong_Chung_Bang: I've experimented but the forum doesn't allow me to change that - I can only add another title above it.
Last edited by Illusion on 20 Feb 2003, 22:17, edited 1 time in total.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

Oh well, fair enough. Thanks for trying, anyway.
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Illusion: how about increasing his post counter to 501, and fixing it so that it is not displayed?
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I've seen on other YaBB forums where you can set someone's post count and then replace the post count number with a custom message. I'm afraid to say I don't have the first idea of how to do it, or even if it'd possible on this particular YaBB forum.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
WhiteFloatingSkull
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Truly a disappointment...

Post by WhiteFloatingSkull »

I've REALLY enjoyed watching this series, and I'd be SO overly stoked if they could get the rest of the series as well. I mean, I'd literally float out the window if they did.  ;D

But still - as BVA mentioned, it sounds like a costly process. Maybe the DVD is the better route to follow... :-/
WoOOo, I am the floating Skull - bite my shiny cranium!!!
It still waits.