DAMN STUPID BUGGER SODDING ARGH!

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
Spoo
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

DAMN STUPID BUGGER SODDING ARGH!

Post by Spoo »

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

There, my frustration has now been vented using a selection of impolite words and some wonderful non-smiling smileys.

Now I can calmly explain my BLOODY GODDAM ANNOYANCE WITH EVERYTHING IN EXISTANCE EXCLUDING MEAT PIES!

Now then, some idiot who shall remain nameless came into my room and saw a video tape. They decided that it shouldn't be there because I don't have a VCR up here, so they took it downstairs and put it on the table. Then, a senile old fool found it, rewound it and used it to record "This Morning". As a result, I no longer have Series 3 of Knightmare on video apart from the episode that is currently being recorded.

Heads shall be hit very hard with very heavy and optionally blunt objects.
Truth! Justice! Freedom! And a Hard-boiled Egg!
PunmiesterWhiteley
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: DAMN STUPID BUGGER SODDING ARGH!

Post by PunmiesterWhiteley »

I too had the same thing happen to me.

On a trawl through my videos on a search for Knightmare episodes I found a tape with Knightmare written on the side.  Excitedly I put in on only to find that someone had taped over it with a Carpenters night that was on BBC2.

Annoyed isn't the word.  Someone would pay good money for some of Series 6 as aired on CITV.  No one would pay for The Carpenters.

Fortunately, I still have roughly 5 1/2 episodes of Series 8 left.  I can still watch the final episode. :D
You remind me of all the other men I've met in my life. All helmet and no brains.

(Stiletta to Mike)
Spoo
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Spoo »

I just want to be able to rewatch it whenever I feel like it.

And scratch the "episode that is currently being recorded" comment in the original post. I only succeeded in recording a technical fault message.

I guess I'll just have to wait until either Challenge? or FTN repeat the series (or, preferably, all of the series). And they WILL show it if it's the last thing I make them do!
Last edited by Spoo on 08 Feb 2003, 13:02, edited 1 time in total.
Truth! Justice! Freedom! And a Hard-boiled Egg!
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

I thought the topic title was a bit extreme, but now that I've read it it's entirely justified.

So, once again: <¦-(
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Gerz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gerz »

I think that it isnt extrme enough! If that happend to me I would be saying a lot worse! :-[ :o

Sorry to hear about your tapes :(
I Love Goblins
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

You have my sympathy. A while back my video recorder decided that it did not like series 8, so it decided to chew it up and spit it out again! Surely there is a much nicer way to air your opinions about your favourite series?  :'(
"You think maybe a girl can't do this? Ha!! Like camel I spit on you!!"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Oh dear, that's awful. I hope Challenge? behaves itself this afternoon when lots of people (including me) will seemingly be trying to record it. My video knows full well that if it messes up now it goes straight out the window.

Last week I nearly managed to record over a previous episode after I forgot I'd wound it back to look at something again during the week. I was relly lucky to notice in time. Thankfully all that's being recorded over now is Big Brother Series 1. :)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

That happened to me, too - with every single series that I recorded (2, 4, 5, 6, 7 and most of 8). What we need is a DVD release...
Subject to change.
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

GG: You recorded Big Brother Series 1? Get out.

<¦-)
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

GG: You recorded Big Brother Series 1? Get out.

<¦-)
I don't remember recording it! And I think it's only the episodes I missed while out (yes, one way or another, I did watch them all). So every week when I set the video up to record I get a snippet of old Big Brother coverage. I hasten to add I haven't rewatched it, although I'll probably be sad enough to watch the new series when it inevtiably happens.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

GG: If you enjoy watching Big Brother, you seriously need spoiling - a new series of Km would do the trick, methinks!  ;)
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Hey, at least I admit to it. I'm not one of the people who joins in completely with the developing intellectual anti-Big Brother chorus then goes home each night and watches it. Believe me, there are plenty of such people.
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

It's strange that "1984" is happening now - we have blatantly voyeuristic programmes on the TV now, "nastiness" is a fashion because of The Weakest Link, and worst of all Newspeak exists in that horrendous mobile-phone shorthand speak.
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

Now then, some idiot who shall remain nameless came into my room and saw a video tape. They decided that it shouldn't be there because I don't have a VCR up here, so they took it downstairs and put it on the table. Then, a senile old fool found it, rewound it and used it to record "This Morning". As a result, I no longer have Series 3 of Knightmare on video apart from the episode that is currently being recorded.  

This is the sort of reason why I put my tape under lock and key(I'm serious) you might all think I'm mad doing something like this, but when you get to know my parents, you would do the same thing ;)
I'm sorry to hear what happened though, its nothing more annoying when someone comes along, and see a tape unguarded and records over your programmes, Its happened to me in the past too(this is another reason why I do it)
If its any concelation, Challenge do have the rights to show Series 3 as many times as they like until they get any new series(If they do) so when all of Series 3 has been shown, its very likely you will be able to record them again which will most likely be weekends again through March and April :)
Last edited by Porsmond on 12 Feb 2003, 00:29, edited 1 time in total.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

It's even worse when you willingly GIVE the tape away because you think you won't be needing it again! I made that mistake several times when I recorded Km originally, starting with series 2. D'oh!!

btw, Wong_Chung_Bang: I agree absolutely. The world we're living in is slowly getting more and more debauched. What we need is something decent on the telly.........

Any ideas, anyone?  ;)
Last edited by Malefact on 12 Feb 2003, 00:35, edited 1 time in total.
Subject to change.