After Series 3.....

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
DerbyGem
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Nearly end of series 3 :(

Post by DerbyGem »

I *think* there are 2 episodes of series 3 left, which will be shown on Saturday on Sunday
"There's nothing more terrifying than adolescent humanity"
WhiteFloatingSkull
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

T'is a shame...

Post by WhiteFloatingSkull »

The dungeons will be closing soon, and that's always a depressing thought, considering it could be months before decide to show the series again... >:(
WoOOo, I am the floating Skull - bite my shiny cranium!!!
It still waits.
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

How many episodes are left? Martin's quest will be over soon (pity, he was cool), but then the next one takes 26 minutes - that's an entire program. It depends on how long Martin spends in Level 3 - does he take very long?
There is only 2 more episodes left of Series 3(Showing on Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd at 10AM or 5PM as usual)

Martins next room is the Mine shaft room to Level 3, they wil then show all of his progress in Level 3, and the episode will end right at the end of his quest, or just at the start of the end quest, so its definatly only 2 more episodes.
Of course its hard to say what will happen after Series 3, I've tryed to get anwers off Challenge as to if they will show any more series, but thats got me nowhere as it seems like I am talking to a brick wall as they dont respond, its pointless.

Personally, I think Series 3 will be shown again, and then a decision will be made as to weather any more series will be shown, Remember challenge ONLY have the rights for Series 3, they would have to re-apply to get the rights for more series so its hard to tell what will happen.

Of course, the day we find out of Knightmare is continued however will be on Monday 24th February, on that day Challenge will be posting their schedules for the following weekend so its only a matter of time to see if Knightmare continues in that same schedule, however even if we find that it does, lets not get excited because it could very well be Series 3 again, however I'm sure a tape on standby that weekend would not go amiss ;)
Catweazle
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Catweazle »

Two Episodes Left! :'(, i hope Challenge does get the rights to the other series, as it's been a real joy to watch Knightmare again.
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

Two Episodes Left! , i hope Challenge does get the rights to the other series, as it's been a real joy to watch Knightmare again.  
Absolutly, and I agree with you, It really has been a absolute joy to watch Knightmare again after all these years(This is the first time I've watched an entire series for 9 years) and I think Challenge should be congratulated for bringing it back to our screens, it has certaintly brought back wonderful memories.
Lets remember though that if Knightmare is a success(and I'm sure it has) then its a good bet they will get the rights for more series, however my personal opinion is that Series 3 will be shown 1 more time before any decision is made, but hopefully I can be proved wrong and Challenge will suprise us with another series in March :)

Like I said above, look on the Challenge webpage on Monday 24th Feb, that is when they will post their first weekend schedule for March, and if Knightmare is continued in the same schedule,then we could be in for a suprise(in other words, another series) or that Challenge will simply be repeating Series 3 again??
Last edited by Porsmond on 19 Feb 2003, 00:37, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteFloatingSkull
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Also in agreeance...

Post by WhiteFloatingSkull »

I have been on the verge of slightly tearful beholding this TREASURE from TV history in ALMOST it's entirety, as I ONLY found out it was on by accident - you shuld have seen my reaction. Nearly woke up the whole street.  ;D

Why would Challenge refuse an opportunity to show something that is CLEARLY in it's category?

Knightmare was the DEFINITION of Challenges, and as such warrents a MUCH deserved re-run on the channel, owing to it's history and INIMITABLE style.

Challenge should listen to the people, and give THEM something GENUINELY classic, instead of the same old re-runs of 'Bruce's price is right' and 'Family fortunes'...

Still - Everyone tune in tomorrow, as the dungeon phase is nearing it's end. MOST of us know how it goes, but it's the sheer PRINCIPLE of our love of this show that is the reason we watch it.

Long live KNIGHTMARE!!!!
WoOOo, I am the floating Skull - bite my shiny cranium!!!
It still waits.
Lord_Kram
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Lord_Kram »

Hiya all!
Ive just looked on the sky TV guide for next sat, and knightmare is still being show on the sat!! Lets hope they really do show series 4!! I would like to see the corridor of blades again! ;D
MatiX
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by MatiX »

They already said they were going to repeat series 3. But it's probably not to late to change their minds. Get over to http://www.challengetv.co.uk/ubb/Forum5 ... 00144.html, register and get them to show the rest of the series.
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Are They Starting To Show Series 4 Next Week?

Post by Debz_g »

No sadly not (See forum topic "Filthy Challenge") but we're trying to get them to show more at some point. At the moment they plan to repeat episodes 3-16 during March.
"You think maybe a girl can't do this? Ha!! Like camel I spit on you!!"
MICKY_MERLIN
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by MICKY_MERLIN »

Well i for one hope they come to their senses and show series 4 and give the programme justice. :-/ :o
Trial_by_Spikes
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Trial_by_Spikes »

Series 1 and 2 definitely need showing - Treguard at his most malevolent.
Oh look there's J.G. Ballard in a burnt-out fridge with a spitfire pilot.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

There's a thread on the Challenge? forum where people have tried to persuade them to change their decision. More voices of support are always welcome:

http://www.challengetv.co.uk/ubb/Forum5 ... 00144.html
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 23 Feb 2003, 16:01, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Gerz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gerz »

Challenge are EVIL!!! If they don't show more Knightmare!!
Maybe some other station will release that Knightmare was good on Challenge? and buy the rights.
I Love Goblins
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

The Final word is(for anyone that cant be bothered to check the other threads) that Challenge does not currently have plans to show any more series, however they would not rule out the possibility of showing the programme again sometime in the future.
However episodes 4-13 of Series 3 will be repeated again throughout March at the usual times on Saturday and Sunday at 10AM or 5PM(at least I presume it will be at the same times) with Episodes 1-3 being shown in another Cult Selection being shown in May, After that who knows what will happen, Prehaps if the repeats prove to be successful with rating numbers, they might suprise us with showing another series, but dont bank on it just yet
Last edited by Porsmond on 23 Feb 2003, 18:57, edited 1 time in total.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Tim Child himself aka beveryafraid has explained the situation (in the Filthy Challenge thread).

Knightmare is very expensive, what with Equity fees and so on. It was a huge stroke of good fortune that Challenge decided to shell out for just one series, let alone all of them.
Subject to change.