AAAAAAAAAAARRGGGGGH!

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

AAAAAAAAAAARRGGGGGH!

Post by Emii »

All was well. I pressed record at 5 o clock today to catch the ep i missed this morning...

NOOOOOOOO! Tape ended just after the opening crredits and started to rewind! Ripped out the tape, pegged upstair, grabbed my backup tape and pegged back down. Crammed the tape in just as Treguard was coming to the end of the recap of last ep...and pressed record in time for the restarting of the quest. Phew.

I missed the bit at the beginning though :'(

*sniff*

I nearly had a heart attack.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
thrifty_squirrels

Re: AAAAAAAAAAARRGGGGGH!

Post by thrifty_squirrels »

oh my god! you were lucky to escape with mere brain damage!
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Go away.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
thrifty_squirrels

fleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

wow storys like that who needs  lord of the rings
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Dan »

I missed the bit at the beginning though :'(
I miss it every week, due to ntl not flipping from TV Travel Shop to Challenge? until about 17:02 >:-(
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

That happened to me once - way back in 1988. I was recording an episode of series 2 (the original broadcast  8)) and the tape ran out. It was when Mogdred cast the SHROUD spell on that team on the bridge.
Subject to change.
thrifty_squirrels

SHROUD!!!!!!!!!

SHROUD shroud shroud shroud with yarn bundle bundle bundle a bundle of yarn in my wicker basket a bundle of yarn in my wicker basket a bundle of yarn in my wicker basket i like to shroud i like to shroud i like to shroud my cow i like to shroud it all day long with multi-coloured yarn
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Shut up.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I second that.
Subject to change.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Backing you up all the way.
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

Ironbound, we unite!

Seriously, can Illusion not do something about the "junk posters", or perhaps appoint some of the more experienced users as moderators?
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Ironbound, we unite!

Seriously, can Illusion not do something about the "junk posters", or perhaps appoint some of the more experienced users as moderators?
I'm sure he could do either of those if he wished. Perhaps he's just decided to take a patient stance with certain posters, and hope they redeem themselves or get bored. Perhaps he was waiting until he'd set up the back-up/non-topic forum before acting against those who don't make any attempt to stay on the KM theme.

From a personal view, I'd say it's annoying to see new threads with absolutely no relevance. It's more annoying, however, when legitimate threads get hijacked by Squirrel banter and such. That's just not fair on the people who've started those threads, whether it be seeking answers to questions, looking for people's views or trying to encourage conversation. Of course threads will veer off topic a lot naturally. But deliberate hijacking just to annoy people is surely something different.

Just my view. I won't say it again: I don't believe in rising to the bait of the junk posters. However, it is now a little beyond a joke, it seems.  
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

With any forum it is inevitable that from time to time certain threads will stray off topic, which I'm sure you'll agree there is no problem with.  

However, this forum is not intended for members to continually post messages of no relevance to the thread or forum. Not only does it distort threads, but it also wastes bandwidth. Thankfully it is easy to see the posting history for each member.  

It is correct that I was waiting until the off-topic forum was set up before taking action, however certain users have already been warned. Further action will be taken from next Monday if such posts do not move to the off-topic forum.
Last edited by Illusion on 29 Jan 2003, 21:26, edited 1 time in total.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

What can I say? You're a hero as always. <¦-)
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!