Just so you know...

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Just so you know...

Post by FrightKnight »

Knightmare's moving to the weekends from September on Challenge, in double-bill slots. Weekdays at 7:30pm wasn't a superb success for some of these episodes, it seems.

Proof? You DARE DOUBT ME? Oh, you do. Well, the Challenge forum has it. (In between the rants about how the Chatroom used to be great, but it's not fair, even though they don't watch Challenge they should put up a chat room.... ::))

But anyway. Four episodes a week compared to 5 is no great loss.

Surprised JamesP hasn't posted it here, yet, actually.
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Just so you know...

Post by MoanaLiza »

That Challenge forum never changes. Still the immature posters posting their immature, pointless posts. I don't go on there for a week or so, go there again about two days ago and still nothing different. but anyway that's another story. I reacon that JamesP will probably come here later as he does usually post any important knews here. I don't think that KM moving to weekends is a bad thing though. How many people work during the week compared to week ends? The school hols will also be over then, which I don't know how significant that will be. Also which series will be shown then? We are as you all know four episodes into s3 and there is still about 6 or 7 weeks or so until then.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
WillsOfDoom
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WillsOfDoom »

According to my calculations Moana, the first week of september will be at around episode 5 of series 5. Is there any news on what the time slots are likely to be?
I guess it's too early to know.
I like my telly scary, and very dungeonish.
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

Easier to set the video twice a week instead of 5 times but things will get quiter arround here, I've certainly got into the habit of loggin on after the ep every night and I'm not the only one.
Good night out there; whatever you are!
WillsOfDoom
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WillsOfDoom »

Do people here think Knightmare will get another run on Challenge after the next showing of series 8? After all, series 1 + 2 have only been shown the once so far.

There's no reason why it can't become a Challenge favourite - continuously repeated - like The Crystal Maze.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Here's what JamesP said:
Just a heads-up for you Knightmare fans...
From the 4th September, Knightmare will move from weekdays to weekends (probably around 8am on Sat and Sun, with a repeat around 1:30am) This is regrettable, but it just isn't doing the numbers we need it to during the week, plus it's restricting what we can schedule around it.

It's not all bad news though, as the weekend showings will be double-bills on both days! That's two eps on Sat, two eps on Sun. So instead of 5 episodes per week, you'll be getting four over a weekend.
I just hope that it's going to be shown at 6 or 7pm and not 8am. I mean who's up at that time during the weekend, the two days most people sleep in.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I can't sleep in! I wake up too early! Not that it's a bad thing...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

Sorry to hear Knightmare isn't getting the viewers it deserves, hopefully this will pick up otherwise it's future on Challenge may be indoubt, other good shows on Challenge have gone presumably for similar reasons.

And I don't think making it an early morning show will mean that the figures will pick up.

Still, even if our Challenge adventure is heading for a close at least Knightmare has had a reshowing.
Good night out there; whatever you are!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

This is a shame. :( I hope the show doesn't fizzle out. Series of Km are expensive, so it's even more important that they do well in order to justify the cost. If Km isn't performing as well as hoped then it doesn't look promising. This is the very last thing that we need, especially given that a new series is up for grabs.
Subject to change.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Might be a good thing because have we not heard similar before and then further series' were purchased? I agree with Malefact in hoping that KM doesn't fizzle out either altogether.
WillsOfDoom
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WillsOfDoom »

I doubt Challenge will take KM off the air altogether after this run. James P said that it didn't get enough viewers for a prime-time slot - which doesn't mean to say it was doing terribly.

Besides, Challenge have made an investment in KM by buying rights to all 8 series. It wouldn't be economical to drop it now, surely.
Eli
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Eli »

Speaking of schedule, on the Sky Digital program browser thingy it says that KM isn't on next Monday. It looks like a "Millionaire" day (great if you like Millionaire, but even then you probably wouldn't want to watch it all day.)

I can't view the days after this and I wanted to know if this is just for that Monday or if it's a special "one off" week on Challenge or something. I'm going on holiday so need to set my video timer for KM :-\
Last edited by Eli on 27 Jul 2004, 17:32, edited 1 time in total.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Two things, firstly if I'm correct series 3 ends Friday and second I may be wrong *looks for diary* but isn't next Monday a bank holiday for being the first Monday in August? *Checks diary* Ooh no it says public holiday in Scotland and Ireland, so I must be wrong then! Does that mean then that series 4 starts next Tuesday then.
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Famously last words but looking at Challenge's TV listings on their website it says that there is Classic Millionnaire on Monday evening and no KM repeat on Tuesday morning. However on Tuesday evening KM is scheduled for 7:30pm.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Knightmare move to the weekend - as of this weekend

Post by TheBrollachan »

I know it's mentioned elsewhere but as of this weekend Knightmare is only being shown at the weekend.

The times are as follows:
Saturday: 8 - 9:00am (these episodes repeated Sunday 1:30 - 2:30am)
Sunday: 8 - 9:00am (these episodes repeated Monday 1:15 - 2:15am)

Remember 2 episodes are shown on each day, so if you miss a weekend of Knightmare you will have missed a lot.

;)
Last edited by TheBrollachan on 01 Sep 2004, 16:52, edited 1 time in total.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.