Re:Series 8 on Challenge?

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Series 8 on Challenge?

Post by Tom41 »

The TV listings still say Knightmare on Challenge at 19:30 from next week. Do you know if Challenge will carry on with Series 8 next Monday, or will they go back to an earlier series?

The announcer didn't say anything about it over the end credits of the last ep of S7...
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Next week sees the start of series 8. After series 8 ends we will see series 1 & 2.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

..and then repeats of 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8, according to JamesP.
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

... Which is "lovely" (Sorry Skarkers, but it had to be said!) and means i can tape them properly because "UNI'S OUT FOR SUMMER" Ok, it is meant to be school but meh. If daphne and celeste can sing (try) the song, surely i can modify it?!
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.
KFan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by KFan »

I'm looking forward to seeing series 1 - 8 all the way through. No bit gaps between. Hope they will keep the 7:30 slot, even if it does clash with corrie
MPK
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by MPK »

Well Im still surprised Km has stayed at same time for so long, cause they have jigged around the programmes around it like Takeshi's etc.

The only times they have changed are from !.30 at night to 2.10 and now 1.20! Maybe they didnt get many viewers at 2, who knows, maybe they just changed it!
Once again returning... and once again going just as fast!
http://www.abadeducation.com
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

This may be an indication that Knightmare must be getting reasonable ratings in the 7.30pm slot, for it to remain so.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

The fact that Challenge have shelled out so much for all the series now and are putting them in a prime time slot is, I would say, a pretty good indicator that Km has been a hit. It would have to be to justify the time and money.
Subject to change.
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

It is a pleasant surprise to think so. All things considered, the evening slot has to compete with the main soaps on terrestrial TV, which is no mean feat. But it is great how the continued success has shown; from nothing to everything announced within 18 months; it's dreams come true - and I can only be bitter that from being one of the fortunate, able to watch Challenge episodes last year, I now have to miss out.

It certainly has started a revival of not only the show, but the genre and ambience of such a gameshow and the ideas behind it. Considering the age group here in my halls of residence in Bristol, while having plenty of interest in the R.P.G. electronic/paperwork I've been doing this year, it has been very easy for people of 18/19 to remember the show; remember how much they liked it; note that they've seen it advertised, if not broadcast, on Challenge; and it has been satisfying to be a little in the know, and not only to acquire interest for the R.P.G., but also in the new series (for which we eagerly await news of the pilot.) The number of forum members steadily grows as the word spreads, and it just feels as though the only way is up. The only discrepancy, dare I bring up the topic, is one of an official release - but I can't see the growth of the community, the reigniting interest and the general resurgence of Knightmare nationwide creating anything other than a positive step in the right direction. All majorly thumbs up. 8)
Knightmarian. alphavillean. Marvellian.
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

^^^ Exactly.
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I wish it was moved to a earlier time schedule... :P
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Melisandrinoff
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Melisandrinoff »

I love that they show it at primetime then repeat it early in the morning - because, I don't know about other people, but it is extremely hard to tape anything that my mom doesn't want to watch at that time, since she's usually glued to something like Bill Oddie Goes Wild or Location Location Location...but for an early morning showing, I can set the tape, and then wake up with Knightmare and a cup of coffee - what could be better ;) Go challenge!
"You're in a room..." ;)