First new Knightmare VR Test pic

A place to discuss Knightmare-VR, a planned revivial of Knightmare
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: First new Knightmare VR Test pic

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Does anyone agree, or am I just talking nonsense? :-/
I think what you say makes perfect sense. Being able to see seems the way to go this time. Perhaps those evil diehards ( ;) ) could be appeased by an occasional loss of sight. It's something that's been mentioned elsewhere on the forum: perhaps occasionally the dungeoneer might be blinded- an evil character spellcasts to temporarily blind them, or whatever- so, for a while- maybe one obstacle or a certain length of time- they have to rely on their advisor for directions and such. It'd make an interesting change to the usual dynamic, and be a brief step back into the Knightmare of old. Perhaps they'd have to do something to get their sight back?  

That's assuming there will be an advisor. From what's been written so far, that might not be decided one way or the other yet. I'd personally suggest that there should be one. I'd think if there's no advisor, things could get very quiet. Imagine in old KM if you took out all the talking among teams and between advisors and dungeoneer. There'd just be silence half the time. Although it might make for good atmosphere without too much talking, I'd think an ongoing audio as well as visual aspect would be best. Yes, you can get some dialogue out of characters and possibly a Dungeon Master, but not as often as I'd think would be preferable.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

The forum poster 'beveryafraid' is Tim Child, if you were wondering.  :)
Ah, it all makes sense now....  ;)
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I wonder just how many people will now check, like I just did, what his other post was. ;)

Now he's unmasked, would five forum stars and a spiffy title be appropriate? ;)
If you view Tim's profile, at the bottom it should give you the option of "Show the last 10 posts of this person" - then all will be revealed....  :D
James Aukett
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

If you view Tim's profile, at the bottom it should give you the option of "Show the last 10 posts of this person" - then all will be revealed....  :D
Yeppers.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Pickle_the_Elf
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Pickle_the_Elf »

We'll we get a recognisable theme tune! The memories and the positive adrenaline surge will probably kill me if we do! :o
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

We'll we get a recognisable theme tune! The memories and the positive adrenaline surge will probably kill me if we do! :o
I'd probably just cry, I'm such a sentimental old thing.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

OH YES
James Aukett
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

I think it is fantastic that he takes the time to listen to us lot here!

How many TV producers do that??
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

I think it is fantastic that he takes the time to listen to us lot here!

How many TV producers do that??
Absolutely. "Fans" of many other shows are just treated with disdain. It's evident that TC not only listens to the suggestions and comments here, but considers them, thinks on them, takes them seriously. I'm not into praising people for the sake of praising them, but is really is heartening to see someone with as much acumen as him listening to the likes of us. I suppose at the end of the day we all have the interests of the show at heart, and I hope we'd do all we feasbily can to try and make the new KM work.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Oh my God!! I go on holiday and this happens!

beveryafraid - if you are who I think you are then thankyou so much! I'd just about given up hope of there being a new series. Granted, it's still early days but it's marvellous that you're giving us access to its development! I think the graphic is excellent, by the way. I also believe that the extra speed achieved by giving the dungeoneer sight could really spice up the proceedings. It's a credit to you that Knightmare never ever coasted and continued to innovate throughout its run. I can't wait to see more!  ;D
Subject to change.
beveryafraid
Creator of Knightmare

Post by beveryafraid »

First pic of new dwarf tunnel system on www.televirtual.com
play the endgame and play only to win
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

It looks really good, very atmospheric. I wonder if they'll all be that colour or if there'd be a variety depending on the level or something. The shirt logo looks very good in that close shot too.
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

Also, the room in the background looks a lot like original-style (series 1-3) Knightmare.
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Oh, wow! I like that!

I think having tunnels does help the game. Perhaps the new format can have two types of tunnel - series 3 style ones for pursuits and series 6/7 style ones for getting clues and dodging nasties.
Maybe if Ariadne came back her lair can be a series of connected tunnels.

If the dungeoneer has sight, it might be all to easy to start panicking and running around doing things with no explanation. The viewers might not feel so involved. By having tunnels it would give both players and audience time to gather their thoughts.
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Malefact and I always seem to try to write Ariadne into things! Imagine Treguard (or whoever) warning the team (sic.) that she's built her lair somewhere in the set of tunnels they're traversing. The tension would be wonderful for both players and watchers as they quietly edge forward desperately hoping not to find her. And in tunnels there's always the chance of getting lost. They've taken a wrong turning, they know Ariadne is somewhere around the place, and life force is starting to run low...