Knew Knightmare dungeon master?

A place to discuss Knightmare-VR, a planned revivial of Knightmare
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Re: Knew Knightmare dungeon master?

Post by Snowwiewolf »

;)If it makes you feel better I meant the cliff part  :)
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

I swear Ed Tudor-Pole is still alive...  :o

Anyway... Hugo would be great as a dungeon-master, but maybe consider having somebody unknown to be the dungeon master? Being famous wouldn't make you hold the golden ticket... would it?

But if it had to be somebody famous, maybe Tim Booth - "May your eye shield let you see through all the dungeon paths..."
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Firstly, I can clear up that Ed is still very much alive, he did a tour and was in Blackpool last year, this I am very very certain of.

And for a non-Hugo Treguard?  Is a hard choice.  I would pick someone unknown, not one of these big stars, as I feel it would ruin the atmosphere of KM.

As for names....Hmm, it is very difficult to think of someone other than Hugo Myatt doing it, so I will have an extra think about this one!

Having played the RPG's Treguard for the last 2 years, it sure is a good role, that is for sure!

(Such RPG's which will hopefully be seen soon)

And snowiewolf....Your post caught my attention the most earlier on, if you need to talk, you feel free to mail or PM me whenever!
Last edited by Kieran on 14 Oct 2003, 02:56, edited 1 time in total.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I can't really see another dungeon master to be quite honest...  ???

Hugo Myatt was the star of the show. It would be a crime to see another...  :(

I must admit however, over all these years he'd probably would look like a dungeon master...  ;D
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Have you ever seen the Challenge documentry and the Debs G interviews on the main site? That's how he looks now. I personally think that he looks better now than he did before, especially the earlier series', but that's my opinion though. I think that he could still very much fit the role as dungeon master even now! I mean I would prefer not to have anyone young as dungeon master, where they would have to be at least 45 or 50 years. If they are younger then they probably wont have been there and got experience of the dungeons and all the places and rooms in and around them and the Castle.

I don't think that it could really be Treguard's son as the Knew dungeon master as since you never saw him he was probably elsewhere maybe in another castle. He could have been dungeon master in another castle but I think he will still be too young and inexperienced though and since he hasn't been in the castle then he wont really know much about it. I guess you could have Treguards son as an assistant to Treguard, getting experience.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I think Hugo could pretty easily slip into the role again if he wanted to and it fitted with the designs of the production team and The Powers That BBC, or whichever channel wanted to show it.

I'm glad to hear more evidence that Ed Tudor Pole is still on this mortal coil. I'm just being silly really, but I would kind of like to see him as Dungeon Master just for one episode, although his cosmic handshakes would probably sap most of the dungeoneers' life force (and the viewers' will to live) before they even got started.

Perhaps you could get a guest Dungeon Master for each episode if Hugo did an Angus Deayton and had to be replaced. After Ed T-P, perhaps John Cleese, for whom the whole format would be changed- forget the dungeoneers and the quest, Majida's pet creature that she found in the Sewers of Goth has escaped its cage and the Dungeon Antechamber Inspector will be here in 10 minutes!!!  

Anyone have any other ideas?
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

If you can't have Hugo Myatt as dungeon master you would NEED to have an unknown to continue the role.

Think of it this way..... Because Mr Myatt was a relatively (on TV) unknown actor, the emphasis was on the 'Treguard' character and most importantly the team playing. Also, unlike well known personalities, he wasn't under any kind of pressure to bring a certain type of personality or 'catchphrases' to the show. Working on Knightmare let that evolve around him at the same pace as the dungeon itself

KNIGHTMARE is the star of the show, NOT the Dungeonmaster! A well known actor or presenter would come across as condescending ("I'm simply here to get my wages") or worse, hellishly corporate.... (money-men with clipboards permanently in the wings 'Fame Academy' style)

Nobody here will be happy with anything else but the original.

If, heaven forbid, we can't have the original, they should repeat the process that created the original. Find an appropriate unknown, bring them in... and go from there...

This way the delicate balance between presenter and show which could make or break a new KNIGHTMARE hopefully won't be destroyed.

Rant over with. Thanks for listening!

AJK
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

AND ENOUGH ALREADY ABOUT ED TUDOR-POLE!!!!!

He's alive, last I heard he was on tour (can't remember which show) and he's most definately kicking!

Who started the rumour he died any way?? Where did YOU hear it?  :-X
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Maybe they killed ETP after his tour? MURDERER!
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

AND ENOUGH ALREADY ABOUT ED TUDOR-POLE!!!!!

He's alive, last I heard he was on tour (can't remember which show) and he's most definately kicking!

Who started the rumour he died any way?? Where did YOU hear it?
Easy Tiger!  :o

Ed Tudor Pole is a star of the Crystal Maze but Richard 'o' Brien took the show all the way through... Even if he didn't stay...  ;)

First Elita and now Snowcat, who else is in a foul mood...
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

My apologies Motely! Not a foul mood (not at the minute anyway ;D), more a 'fer goodness sake' moment!

I know for a fact that the 'pole dancer' is indeed alive mainly because I met him recently at an autograph convention.

Sadly I couldn't afford for his esteemed paw print on a piece of paper 'cause the queue was miles long  :(  .

Folks are right about one thing tho', Richard O'Brien was better. I was always waiting for a rendition of 'Timewarp' when the team was faffing about!! ;D

AJK
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

My apologies Motely!
For crying out loud! My name is spelt M-O-T-L-E-Y  >:(

SORRY... IT WAS A GUT REACTION
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

howz about I spell 'F-R-E-D'??  ;)

Sorry friend, bad habit on my part.... :-[

AJK
Fan
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Fan »

I can't really see another dungeon master to be quite honest...  ???

Hugo Myatt was the star of the show. It would be a crime to see another...  :(

Exactly, I agree.  Hugo's the real Treguard!
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I think that if Hugo Myatt wont be dungeon master again then when the new KM comes to our screens then we should all boycott it.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"