Knew Knightmare dungeon master?

A place to discuss Knightmare-VR, a planned revivial of Knightmare
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Knew Knightmare dungeon master?

Post by MoanaLiza »

Can't remember if this has already been asked (sorry if it has been though), but who would everyone like to see as dungeon master in the Knew Knightmare? I personally would like to see Hugo Myatt (not as an avatar though) as dungeon master again
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Re: Knew Knightmare dungeon master?

Post by Snowwiewolf »

I agree! Hugo Myatt is the best dungeon master ever!
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

U know apart from family.. Hugo has been part of your growing up in the sence that when watching knightmare now his like part of the family...his been their/with you since you was 5/6 (depending on your age) and being there during the 1st most important days of school and growing up.. does that make any sence???  
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

Hugo was there when my dad had drank too much and... hit my mother and when he died and when I was scared out of my vits bicause of school and when I went to Aurora (a sort of hospital) and had to stay there (accept for the week ends and wednesdays) Knightmare and Galileo and the lost toys helped me more than any teraphy or any person (accept for mom) and today those memories (and tapes) help me when I get asthma attacks or panic attacks (the last time I panicked I would have been ran over by a car if thinking about Knightmare  hadnt calmed me) There are so many great memories about Knightmare.... and Hugo was always the dungeon master. He's a sort of reminder that there is something stable and safe in life
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

well, after snowie's post my "hugos a nice geezer" seems a little childish :)

to add a little more variety to the topic (i love hugo has been done to death) who, APART FROM HUGO, do you think could pull off dungeon master.

yes im sure a lot of people are thinking of posting "if it's not hugo it aint knightmare" or "noone but hugo will do" but im sure everyone knows that everyone would as first choice have hugo...who would be your 2nd and 3rd is what i want to know.

personally i was thinking Sean Connery or, and here's an interesting one, Morgan Freeman could pull off a dungeon master ;D
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Hmm, since I really can't imagine anyone else but King Hugo in the role at the moment, I'm going to suggest:

1. Edward Tudor Pole. Yes, I know I've done that joke to death, but hey. I'd love to see if he could embarrass himself as much replacing Hugo as he did Richard O'Brien.

2. Melinda Messenger. I suppose she'd technically be the Dungeon Mistress, but I think a fake beard would really suit her. Her inane overenthusiasm would be a complete contrast to Hugo, of course. "Oh dear, you stepped off a ledge in the very first room, but you did so awfully well." Leslie Grantham could play the new Majida, just to keep the two of them together.  
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 03 Aug 2003, 03:08, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Moocowthingy
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Moocowthingy »

Seriously as a new DM .... how about Donald Plesence ( excuse spelling ) or maybe Rowan atkinson.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

oh but none of the names above have that dungeon master attitiude, it would only workif we didn't know who they where, we would have nothitng to relate to them apart from them being the Master of the dungeon.

But there is the guy who speaks in that stupid game show challenge like to air.. Or we could have a new bad guy... Marilyn Manson! LOL  
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Mr_Festus
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Mr_Festus »

Hugo :)

Dunno if you all know this - but Ed Tutor Pole is dead, he died about 7 years ago now... I would think.  :(

Andrew.
ooooooooo Nasty!
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Since when? Is it the same guy? That's probably why they stopped making the Christal Maze then! I thought that they stopped making it because it was starting to get old.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

His death was probably the final nail in the coffin (no pun intended).
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Hmm, are you sure he's dead?

I thought that someone on the Challenge forum said they'd managed to contact him not so long ago. And I thought I saw that he'd appeared in one of the Harry Potter films.

Do you mean Donald Pleasance? He's pretty certainly dead, but in his prime he'd have made a fantastic dungeon master.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I retract my former statement, then, until definite information is available. :)

Thinking about it, The Crystal Maze was probably scrapped for the same reason that Km was - expense. I imagine that TCM would have had the largest and most intricate sets of almost all the programmes that were on at the time.
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

This and other links suggest that the old cosmic handshaker was still alive last year:

http://firstpersonquiz.com/tudor-pole_ed.html
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

a quick look on the Internet Movie Database reveals that he is indeed alive, as he is in a program currently recording and due for release in 2004 named "The Life and Death of Peter Sellers"

;D
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It