Knightmare VR?  I don't like the concept!

A place to discuss Knightmare-VR, a planned revivial of Knightmare
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Knightmare VR?  I don't like the concept!

Post by Kieran »

Not sure of the having KM played via phone...Reminds me of 'Hugo' which they used to have on Going Live.

CITV these days would be a bad choice, an advert break is a cert, as they seem to have those in all shows over 20 minutes these days, and having that silly CITV logo....WHy do they need it now, they didn't use it 10 years ago.

Meh, the ways the new age has affected things.....
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

i think the idea is having a phone vote or somthing during the break (hence my dismissing the left left left UP NOOOO DOWN!) theory. If it can be done well then i won't *overly* mind.

anyway, when the new series gets a dvd release it'll be continuous ;D
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Or indeed voting by internet or texting. :)

I'm pretty certain that if the new series is successful then a DVD release would be guaranteed. I can hear the voiceover at the end of the last episode now: "...and you can now get Km on DVD..."

They'd be able to strike while the iron was hot. It would also bolster interest in the older series.
Subject to change.
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

*points to body of petition while grinning*

;D
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I get the distinct impression that things are starting to slot very neatly into place. :)
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I'm not quite sure where the idea that the new KM would be one of those awful phone game type things a la Saturday mornings came from, and I'd hope that Tim Child thinks enough of his old project that he would never demean its memory by reducing it to that! Unless I've misunderstood completely, the intention is to have the kidsie(s) in a studio (VR studio, whatever) recording it live. The interactive element most likely comes in during a break, whether it be a natural advertising break or a break between two KM segments with another show or shows in between. I suppose that has the possibility of involving phone votes, mobile texting, digital television interactive voting etc. etc. etc. I seem to remember Tim Child also mentioning the use of various viewpoints, which would also presumably be possible via digital television.

I personally think the interactive element is rather exciting, and there are lots more possibilities than those I've mentioned here or that have been mentioned elsewhere on this forum. While some people might like the BBC to get any new KM so there could be no breaks in each transmission, a break of whatever nature would enhance the interactive possibilities. Yes, it would be different, but the viewer interactivity might just be the thing that could get it shown somewhere, so I'd advise people not to get too conservative about it too quickly. If you can only find it in yourself to like the old KM without any changes whatsoever, then watch your videos. The rest of us will wait and see what changes- and hopefully in many cases improvements- will be made on the original format.    
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
smirkenorff
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by smirkenorff »

I guess KM was always at the cutting edge of technology.. Now that technology has moved on, KM is moving with it, possibly bringing in the concept of phone / mobile / inernet voting or interactive KM...

Sounds good to me :)
Enter, stranger...
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

How would you mean?

Competition phone/text/e-mail line?
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Perhaps "Will the current team win? Text your vote to..."
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

I am not 100% up to date on this and so I may be wrong. Where exactly is it said new KM will be phone in? why not have 3 advisors guiding the CGI dungeeoner who is voiced by a real person around the dungeon. The capture could be similar to videogames with motion capture. Maybe it would be too costly but I could see it working like that. Also it MUST not be reduced to a Saturday Morning calling show especially now Saturday Mornings are so poor. SMTV a shadow of its former self and as for Dick and Dom dont get me started on them.......
KFan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by KFan »

On the televirtual main site they say the viewers at home will be able to influence what happens.

I think Knightmare VR is a TERRIBLE idea. If we can't have the show back as it was THEN I personally do not want it back atall  ::)
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

WOW THERE KM_FAN.

While I respect your oppinion It is a dangeros one to spred about.

I mean lets face it, Its taken this long for talks about a possibale revival of KM to begin.

And even longer for Anglia (Or Whoever) To look at the possability of a DVD & express openly intrest in pursuing the idear.

That sort of comment can & might Influence desisions on the above.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
KFan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by KFan »

Well that is my opinion and I hope Tim Child does read it or whoever.

Why spoil the memories of a great classic childhood show by turning it into some live dungeonfest thingy with full VR and the dungoneers as avatars instead of themselves

Read this months 'the eye shield' for example and it says the same there..

We did not mainly tune in to be impressed by the visual effects but because it was a great show  ;)

If Tim child wants to make this new show thats his decision but he should keep the name we all know as knightmare out of it.
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

I didn't say that I wasn't apprehensive about Knightmare VR myself.

BUT I am prepared (Just like I was back in 1990 when I first saw Knightmare) to give it a fair chance to impress me.

I think that if it is done right, with the right people producing and directing, the right people acting or voiceing it & if they use the right type of game format I don't see why it won't work.

I know thats a lot of IF's but with Tim Childs at the helm I have hope for Knightmare VR.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

I have hopes for it too, after all this time I am going to give it a fair chance before hating it completely. Hopefully it will live up to its potential