Page 2 of 2

Re: Re:Knightmare VR music

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:25 pm
by shadow6162
Why thank you, you're too kind :D

Re: Re:Knightmare VR music

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:13 am
by ClaireFearsBlades32
Aaaaaaaaaaarghh!! *takes deep breath* Aaaaaaaaaaarghh!! MY EARS. PLEASE RELEASE ME FROM THIS ABOMINATION!! Honestly the whole VR segment took all the best elements of knightmare out of the game. Even the kids involved hardly did anything of interest and since WHEN did we get music in tunnels???? No. Just. No. OK rant over. Have a good Friday peeps!!

Re: Re:Knightmare VR music

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:48 pm
by Pooka
ClaireFearsBlades32 wrote:Even the kids involved hardly did anything of interest and since WHEN did we get music in tunnels????
The dwarf tunnels from series 6 and 7 often had the classic incidental music accompanying them (as a S6 fan, you should know that!) - just not the irritating comedy organ MIDI that KMVR appears to use!

Re: Re:Knightmare VR music

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:02 pm
by pjmlfc05
ClaireFearsBlades32 wrote:Aaaaaaaaaaarghh!! *takes deep breath* Aaaaaaaaaaarghh!! MY EARS. PLEASE RELEASE ME FROM THIS ABOMINATION!! Honestly the whole VR segment took all the best elements of knightmare out of the game. Even the kids involved hardly did anything of interest and since WHEN did we get music in tunnels???? No. Just. No. OK rant over. Have a good Friday peeps!!
Yeah the music in the dwarf tunnels in KMVR was naff!! KMVR in all was naff!!

The music overall in KMVR just sounded tacky and cheap.

Re: Re:Knightmare VR music

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:24 am
by ClaireFearsBlades32
Pooka wrote:
ClaireFearsBlades32 wrote:Even the kids involved hardly did anything of interest and since WHEN did we get music in tunnels????
The dwarf tunnels from series 6 and 7 often had the classic incidental music accompanying them (as a S6 fan, you should know that!) - just not the irritating comedy organ MIDI that KMVR appears to use!

Ah yes sorry Pooka of course I remember I was thinking more it was atmosphere noise in 6 n 7 not music as such, certainly not the same as the theme tune anyways but thanks for straightening that one.

Re: Re:Knightmare VR music

Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:50 am
by Drassil
Pooka wrote:
ClaireFearsBlades32 wrote:Even the kids involved hardly did anything of interest and since WHEN did we get music in tunnels????
The dwarf tunnels from series 6 and 7 often had the classic incidental music accompanying them (as a S6 fan, you should know that!)
I'm not sure that's entirely fair to Claire. When incidental music does its job, we don't notice it's there (or we do notice but we welcome it). Much of Knightmare's incidental music was subtle enough that a watcher might only register it as ambient sound (atmosphere noise as Claire says), e.g. in the dwarf tunnels in Series 3.

Claire, you don't owe Pooka an apology. :)

Re: Re:Knightmare VR music

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:48 pm
by ClaireFearsBlades32
Drassil wrote:
Pooka wrote:
ClaireFearsBlades32 wrote:Even the kids involved hardly did anything of interest and since WHEN did we get music in tunnels????
The dwarf tunnels from series 6 and 7 often had the classic incidental music accompanying them (as a S6 fan, you should know that!)
I'm not sure that's entirely fair to Claire. When incidental music does its job, we don't notice it's there (or we do notice but we welcome it). Much of Knightmare's incidental music was subtle enough that a watcher might only register it as ambient sound (atmosphere noise as Claire says), e.g. in the dwarf tunnels in Series 3.

Claire, you don't owe Pooka an apology. :)
Thanks Drassil. I didn't take offence at what Pooka said I guess "music" meant something different to me. I was a little over the top in my original post but had just watched the VR clip recently and I felt it was such a let down compared to the show we all know and love. I think the music struck me as wrong because it was the theme tune, just repeated in every tunnel and perhaps I went a bit overboard on that one. Many thanks for your reply.

Re: Re:Knightmare VR music

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:37 pm
by Pooka
ClaireFearsBlades32 wrote:Thanks Drassil. I didn't take offence at what Pooka said I guess "music" meant something different to me. I was a little over the top in my original post but had just watched the VR clip recently and I felt it was such a let down compared to the show we all know and love. I think the music struck me as wrong because it was the theme tune, just repeated in every tunnel and perhaps I went a bit overboard on that one. Many thanks for your reply.
Many of us had slightly over-the-top reactions to Knightmare VR after the first time we watched it. ;)

I agree with you insofar as the theme tune (even though it didn't appear during a title sequence anywhere in the episode!) was a bad choice for the dwarf tunnel music. As I've said before in various places, nearly every piece of music in KMVR is in fact the same tune (although perhaps not in the same key, or at the same tempo, but nevertheless, it's the same tune!), done in different ways. Considering the ambience of a deep, dark tunnel á la the aforementioned S6/S7 tunnels, the S8 snapdragon tunnel or the S3 ones that David referred to above, a slower, less incongruous arrangement of the theme tune might have been a much better choice!

Still, at least it didn't have the "Knightmaaaaaare... it's a Knightmaaaaaare..." lyrics in it, so that's a small mercy!

Re: Re:Knightmare VR music

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:25 pm
by ClaireFearsBlades32
Pooka wrote:
ClaireFearsBlades32 wrote:Thanks Drassil. I didn't take offence at what Pooka said I guess "music" meant something different to me. I was a little over the top in my original post but had just watched the VR clip recently and I felt it was such a let down compared to the show we all know and love. I think the music struck me as wrong because it was the theme tune, just repeated in every tunnel and perhaps I went a bit overboard on that one. Many thanks for your reply.
Many of us had slightly over-the-top reactions to Knightmare VR after the first time we watched it. ;)

I agree with you insofar as the theme tune (even though it didn't appear during a title sequence anywhere in the episode!) was a bad choice for the dwarf tunnel music. As I've said before in various places, nearly every piece of music in KMVR is in fact the same tune (although perhaps not in the same key, or at the same tempo, but nevertheless, it's the same tune!), done in different ways. Considering the ambience of a deep, dark tunnel á la the aforementioned S6/S7 tunnels, the S8 snapdragon tunnel or the S3 ones that David referred to above, a slower, less incongruous arrangement of the theme tune might have been a much better choice!

Still, at least it didn't have the "Knightmaaaaaare... it's a Knightmaaaaaare..." lyrics in it, so that's a small mercy!


Yes the lyrics how original lol! Anyway good to speak with you in chat. My chat name is clarabelG. Different to my forum name. I just fancied something snappier. Its good at last to have found the group to chat with about my favourite episodes and characters etc. Roll on next Sunday.

Re: Re:Knightmare VR music

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:08 am
by Canadanne
Great to see you in chat this week, Claire! Sorry I was a bit quiet - watching TV at the same time. :)

Re: Re:Knightmare VR music

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:24 pm
by Pooka
Canadanne wrote:Great to see you in chat this week, Claire! Sorry I was a bit quiet - watching TV at the same time. :)
Yes, and sorry I had to leave so abruptly! It was good to see you, Claire - always good to have members in Chat, even if they aren't as chatty as all that!