Knightmare VR Pilot Discussion

A place to discuss Knightmare-VR, a planned revivial of Knightmare
Thequietone
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:Km-VR Pilot Discussion

Post by Thequietone »

Why is it so impossible to get the theme back anyway? :-\
Latecomer to every interesting thread and hardly ever here, not really a forum person and not a good writer either, often misphrases or says totally the wrong thing..... forgive me people, I'm u
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Because it's far too expensive.
Subject to change.
Thequietone
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:Kmtheme

Post by Thequietone »

why would it cost so much though? :-\
Latecomer to every interesting thread and hardly ever here, not really a forum person and not a good writer either, often misphrases or says totally the wrong thing..... forgive me people, I'm u
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

beveryafraid wrote:The original theme music isn't an Ed Welch problem. The rights are controlled by EMI music, and you can't haggle with them.
That's why, sorry mate but it really isn't going to happen with the original theme music. No one is pleased about it, most of us are as disappointed as you are but I wouldn't write things off just because of that.
Last edited by Lord_Bob on 29 Sep 2004, 22:04, edited 1 time in total.
JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

As for the dwarf tunnels, it's a good idea having junctions in them, and I think that the music that was used in them in Series 7 is a must-have (I'm surprised nobody's mentioned this before) - it really created tension that something was about to happen. Other than that, it seems good. I like the idea of the 'slice me, dice me' puzzle. I must admit, I prefer it with just one advisor - after all, a lot of arguing just gets in the way. Maybe teams should be allowed any number between one and three advisors - why insist that there must be a certain number?
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

No, I still sy the dwarf tunnel music is something I could get used to.

Besides, think of the person who created that jingle, and how upset they would be if they read all this negative feedback.

And I like the different camera perspectives. It always added something to the orginal KM- the s6 ship scenes, and the s5 blockers, to mention two.

The character movements do need a bit of polish, but the templates and foundations are all there.
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Thequietone
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Thequietone »

ringmasterrob wrote:
beveryafraid wrote:The original theme music isn't an Ed Welch problem. The rights are controlled by EMI music, and you can't haggle with them.
That's why, sorry mate but it really isn't going to happen with the original theme music. No one is pleased about it, most of us are as disappointed as you are but I wouldn't write things off just because of that.
Why do EMI Music control the rights? did they always, or did someone sell them to EMI?
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Don't start blowing up various companies...it's not polite. ;)
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
beveryafraid
Creator of Knightmare

Post by beveryafraid »

Sorry folks, but I believe you're all getting needlessly bogged down.
Of course I would prefer to use the original theme.
But I can't negotiate for it without financial resources, and in any case it may prove too expensive.Anglia TV's music publishers were bought out by EMI in the 90s.
EMI don't do small deals and I'm not in a position to do big ones. I suggest you drop these arguements or just drop the thread.

bva
play the endgame and play only to win
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

And you can't say fairer than that!!
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.
Thequietone
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Thequietone »

Thanx 4 the info Tim, :) sorry 2 cause arguments :-\ my next post will contain a completely different subject.
Skeletor
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Skeletor »

The two things I don't like about the pilot:

1) The dwarf tunnel music combined with the dungeoneer almost dancing down the tunnels
2) The movement is a little...slow and robotic.

Apart from that everything else is great. Is Sylvester Hands going to make a return?