Knightmare VR

A place to discuss Knightmare-VR, a planned revivial of Knightmare

Which channel do you think should/will show Knightmare VR?

BC ONE/CBBC
10%
BC TWO
45%
TV1/CiTV
25%
hannel 4
5%
ive
5%
tn
No votes
hallenage
10%
ther (please specify)
No votes

Total votes: 20

tomyboy
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Knightmare VR

Post by tomyboy »

I want CiTV!!! But I think it will be Five on a saturday about 6 or 7pm!!!
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Re:Knightmare VR

Post by FrightKnight »

BBC 2 needs something to fill at 6pm after The Simpsons left. Endless repeats of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air are not working.

Therefore, if we get ahead of ourselves, and assume TV bosses unanimously loooovve KM VR (they should, of course, but some of them are stupid), BBC 2 would be a knice home.

Although ITV at 7:30pm, replacing some soap called Carnation Sweet (or whatever it's called) would be a great idea too.

Or replacing 'Simply the Best'. Honestly, TWO HOURS of It's a Knockout done poorly?! Oh no. No no no.
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

BBC 2 has a pedigree with this sort of show.

They lost the Simpsons, Star Trek and Robot Wars and have yet to fill the vale and Knightmare could be just what the director general ordered...

(Do we know if Micheal Grade watches Knightmare?)

They have made some attempts to fill the slot with that battle recreation thing but Kinghtmare on Friday Knights on the run up to Christmas is what we all want; isn't it?

And besides, if showing Knightmare dosen't get the BBC back into the Governments good books then nothing will!
Good night out there; whatever you are!
Thanatos
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Thanatos »

I don't think the government would welcome Knightmare - Mr/ Blunkett would probably consider an insalubrious fellow with an eyepatch attempting to handcuff small children dodgy enough to warrant a ban on the show.
"The Tory Party is the cream of society: rich, thick and full of clots." - anonymous
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

BBC2 would be the ideal place for me. It has some spare slots going, and it gets plenty of viewers. Aside from politics, I think this is the best place for the new series.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
KFan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by KFan »

I think if Channel Five picked KM up, it would certainly be a record breaking show then... The only good show in the history of the channel :P
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I think BBC2 would be the best choice because it's a terrestrial channel. I also think that Knightmare will get a decent slot, whereas on channel 4 it would probably get a rediculous timeslot, i.e. late at night, which only adults will be able the watch it, in the early hours of the morning which only insomniac/night shift people or night owls will be able to watch it or in the morning probably during term time which will also probably be the same case with BBC1. If it's on CITV or CBBC then the only viewers will be youngsters, probably 8 and younger. With Channel 5, also remember that some people still can't get that Channel unless they have cable or digital, due to where they live. So personally, like most of you I still think that BBC2 is the best choice.

Just to be slightly picky, because I'm in a picky mood tonight. I think this thread should be moved to the BBK board. As I've said I'm in a real picky mood tonight.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
WillsOfDoom
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WillsOfDoom »

I think there could be much success all round if BBC2 do get hold of it - KMVR is the sort of cult show the channel needs right now to fill the gaps left by shows like The Simpsons and Robot Wars. It's also the channel (I think) that would do Knightmare the most justice by bringing it to a wider audience than a satellite channel would.

It all depends on whether the BBC are actually interested in a show like this. But at the end of the day, what channel wouldn't be? It has a fantastic, futuristic look - and a proven history of success. Surely any sane person would see this as the Holy Grail of television programmes.
I like my telly scary, and very dungeonish.
DazzaS
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by DazzaS »

i believe knightmare at 6pm on BBC 2 is best, i hope they show the original 8 first though, that would be a great way to start off a new seris. overall the new VR version is very promising i wonder how the whole episode will look with antechambers and thing. who think though that maybe LF should aslo be real along with TG if possible.
Ooh, nasty!
tomyboy
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by tomyboy »

Good idea! I would like that as I've never seen Knightmare!!!
Gizensha
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Gizensha »

FrightKnight wrote:Therefore, if we get ahead of ourselves, and assume TV bosses unanimously loooovve KM VR (they should, of course, but some of them are stupid), BBC 2 would be a knice home.
Was that a reference to Michael Grade?
KM_Fan wrote: I think if Channel Five picked KM up, it would certainly be a record breaking show then... The only good show in the history of the channel :P
Surely you forget The Mole, and possably Fort Boyard, although the Challenge version's better. Channel 5 - the only channel to axe the shows that are good and keep the ones that are bad. Well, the keeping the bad isn't that unusual, I suppose.
Thanatos
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Thanatos »

ITV is a lot worse than Channel 5.
"The Tory Party is the cream of society: rich, thick and full of clots." - anonymous
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Gizensha wrote:
FrightKnight wrote:Therefore, if we get ahead of ourselves, and assume TV bosses unanimously loooovve KM VR (they should, of course, but some of them are stupid), BBC 2 would be a knice home.
Was that a reference to Michael Grade?

No, just an acknowledgement to the people who think 2 hours of 'Simply the best' (surely the most ironic title ever for a tv show) on a Saturday is great.
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

I think there's a good chance that KMVR could feature as a segment of a Saturday morning kids' TV show. Maybe on ITV1, following the tradition of interactive video games like Magic Pockets, Hugo The Troll and Joe Razz; maybe on BBC, following Treguard's appearance there earlier this year.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

I think it's more likely that a BBC channel will pick up KM-VR.

Maybe.

ITV have lost their chance, for a start, and they're the worst channel (I agree with Thanatos here - C5 are a lot better, they often show a movie at night which can often be classic, and they have Monkey Magic!). To C5's credit, I doubt they'd have anything against showing KM-VR, but they have basically no market for children's programmes and I think they'll stay that way.

That leaves Channel 4, which is (IMO) the best channel for KM-VR, as it caters for minority groups and slightly 'unusual' programmes, plus it's done children a great service in the past by showing some excellent kids' shows (Earthworm Jim!). Plus, it showed the 100 Greatest, which contained Knightmare.
But I don't think that C4 could really show KM-VR. They don't have a perfect slot to put it in, to be perfectly honest. And there are adverts.

Which is probably why I think BBC will snap it up as part of their kids' slot (maybe on a Saturday morning, maybe as part of afternoon/evening CBBC).

Of course, if it's put on a cable/digital channel, then I'll be really pissed off.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.