New Knightmare

A place to discuss Knightmare-VR, a planned revivial of Knightmare
WhiteFloatingSkull
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Clips sound awesome...Oo

Post by WhiteFloatingSkull »

DAYAMN - despite all of the business in getting the show back off the ground, it was good to hear that something is being genuinely done, and down on code. :P

Mark Knight hasn't missed a beat, by the way. Oo
WoOOo, I am the floating Skull - bite my shiny cranium!!!
It still waits.
KMFAN
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:New Knightmare

Post by KMFAN »

To be honest I don't know whether I'm impressed with the new Knightmare VR. Graphic's were superb but the idea of the dungeoneer seeing where he's going and not having to be 'directed', just one person being the 'advisor', the 'happy' music playing through the dwarf tunnells and 10 year olds at the helm makes me feel that the fundamental ingredients to what made Knightmare so great originally are being lost. The new knightmare must be aimed at an older generation than the original to ensure the 'old fans' (who will no doubt be the bulk of the initial viewers of the new show) are kept interested by it, a target age group of 15-25 would make sense. A much more colder atmosphere need's to be created too (Series 3 was the best at this with that great dwarf tunnel tense music). However I'm very happy to see the old characters back (Lord Fear sounded just like old) and just watch how it will put all the rubbish on TV currently into perspective once it airs.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Do they show it to broadcasting companies and they rate it and see if they like it?
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

As far as I know, the pilot was done live in front of an audience made up of specially-invited industry people, so the quick answer is 'yes'. Also, I believe that TeleVirtual wants to distribute the pilot via DVD to interested parties.
Subject to change.
jaydrive
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by jaydrive »

Tomyboy

As Fidjit quite rightly says....
Fidjit wrote: Dealing with VR all round it doesn't look quick work...

You imagine how many lines of code it takes to make Windows XP work on your computer. You need code to tell it how to do math, how to change the font, how to send and receive email.

However, the system doesn't to worry about a 3rd dimension to calculate since it's not virtual reality.

So, try and imagine how many lines of code it will take to develop Knightmare VR and the basic engine for the other things Tim has in mind like TimeGate.

Let me give you an example of code

NUMBER = (RND*10)
PRINT="I'M THINKING OF A NUMBER BETWEEN 1 AND 10. HAVE A GUESS."
GUESS=FALSE
START LOOP WHILE GUESS = FALSE
WAIT FOR USER INPUT
IS GUESS = NUMBER?
TRUE = GUESS = TRUE
PRINT = "YOU GUESSED CORRECTLY!"
FALSE = GUESS=FALSE
PRINT = "NOPE, THAT'S NOT IT, TRY AGAIN"
END LOOP

That's just a simple text based guessing game. Bring in graphics and you have a whole new slew of problems and things to play around with.

I hope you can appreciate what kind of work has had to be put in for the VR Dungeon System to be created, and can understand why it's taking so long.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I tells you what, dealing with blue screen and chromakey isn't a easy task. Plus animations all at once, I dread to think of what graphics TC has to deal with... :)
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/