Re:New Knightmare clip!

A place to discuss Knightmare-VR, a planned revivial of Knightmare
Steve
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

New Knightmare clip!

Post by Steve »

Hey guys,

Has any1 been to the televirtual website recently?

theres a short video file of the new knightmare available for download (why do i get the feeling that this has been mentioned during my absence from the forum) anyway it seems to be a causeway scene and it all looks pretty cool.

one thing tho, does anyone else think the dungeoneer avatar would look much cooler if he/she wore the helmet of justice, the knapsack and the eyeshield? it seems to be all thats missing for the true KM experiance.
Steve

Came, Saw, Mastered, Moved on...
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Yeah - I think the new clip was advertised either on the KM site or on the forum itself.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Steve
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Steve »

kind figured, ive been away for quite a while, what do u think of the helmet etc comment tho?
Steve

Came, Saw, Mastered, Moved on...
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

It would certainly make a welcome change!

The only reasons, IMHO, that Televirtual has left out the HoJ ETC is either

A) To avoid their new game system being typecast as ONLY the 'new Knightmare'...

B) There may still be some residual copyright issues kicking around (Anglia hanging on to the dregs of the rights or possibly Challenge? due to the repeat showings of the original programme).
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I don't think Anglia (Granada now, I think) have any outstanding claim on the format of the programme. The same goes for Challenge (who have only licensed the made programmes for transmission - Granada DO have the rights to those but not to the format). Regarding typecasting, it has been made explicitally clear that it's Km VR Development. You can't typecast much more than that!

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a horned helmet again. Little idiosyncracies like that give a show character.
Subject to change.
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

Tru, the HoJ would make it appeal to the older fans, whilst the newer ones (thanks CTV!) would remember it also.
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.
MPK
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by MPK »

The Old HoJ was recognised as the helmet of the dungeoneer, and I would like to see it back too!

Even if it has a huge gap in the front of it so that it looks like dungeoneers can see, it still would be ol' horny!
Once again returning... and once again going just as fast!
http://www.abadeducation.com
Davius
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Davius »

I recently visited the Knightmare VR News section of the Televirtual website and found that there are two more video clips available for download, alongside the original causeway scene.

They are entitled "The Return of Lord Fear" and "Despair Encounter" and they can both be downloaded from the news page at http://televirtual.com/news2.htm. Both of them look quite interesting! :D

Are these two videos new? I haven't been to the Televirtual website for a while, so I'm not sure how recently it was updated and I apologise if they have already been pointed out. However, I couldn't find mention of them on the forum, so I thought I'd speak up anyway! ;D
Last edited by Davius on 03 Jun 2004, 23:42, edited 1 time in total.
"When the time turns once more, and the fire burns as before, and the gauntlet is held down, then, will the age of Knightmare be found." -Treguard
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

These two new clips are really good!

Lord Fear looks scary and like he used too but not sure about Lissard. Do we know who did the voices (Mark Knight, Cliff Barry)?

On to clip two. I take it this new wall monster is a bit like the Doors from Series 4. As for his voice- what about the bloke who plays Bernard Scripps in Heartbeat? He also seems quite like Marvin the Paranoid Android from "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

"I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side"
Good night out there; whatever you are!
Davius
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Davius »

I'm not sure who did the voices for the characters, but they do sound quite similar to Mark Knight and Cliff Barry. Still, it's good to see evidence of the good ol' saracastic humour and banter between Lord Fear and Lissard! :D

As for the second clip, the wall monster voice does sound like Bernard Scripps (Peter Benson) from Heartbeat... the monster itself is also reminiscent of the depressed Gargoyle from Series 1 & 2 of Knightmare!

The old gargoyles and this new "Despair" monster do sound a bit like Marvin... I half expect them to suddenly say "I think you ought to know, I'm feeling very depressed..."! ;D
Last edited by Davius on 04 Jun 2004, 10:36, edited 1 time in total.
"When the time turns once more, and the fire burns as before, and the gauntlet is held down, then, will the age of Knightmare be found." -Treguard
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

It certainly sounds like Mark Knight doing Lord Fear, but I have no idea who's playing Lissard, as it doesn't sound much like Cliff Barry at all.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

GROOH! How long have they been there? :-[

Very nice, I must say. Very promising. :)

Final approach...
Subject to change.
LordF
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by LordF »

He's back, Bigger, Bolder, Badder and Better equipied.

Theirs a 3rd Clip up now with the dungoeneer talking about the axe like causeway room.
LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Yes, I think that was put up this morning between 10:00 and 11:00.
Subject to change.
WillsOfDoom
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WillsOfDoom »

This is absolute torture! I haven't seen anything of this KMVR stuff in motion. Lord Fear and Lissard clips? I'll just assume it's good.
I like my telly scary, and very dungeonish.