Potential Problems...

A place to discuss Knightmare-VR, a planned revivial of Knightmare
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Potential Problems...

Post by Malefact »

I hate to be a mugwump but these issues need to be addressed. I'm sure Tim Child and his team have already looked at them long before anyway, but what do you lot think:

(1) With a live show, what if there's a technical breakdown - i.e. the computer crashes, power failure, etc? And what about if there's an on-air medical emergency?

(2) How will there be incidental music if it's live? Will it be delayed coverage a la Big Brother (I don't watch BB but I know that's what happens so that they can remove expletives and blank out sue-able conversations)?
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Potential Problems...

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I'd guess all the technology would be tested thoroughly beforehand, then tested again, and then tested again just for luck to try to avoid breakdowns. But I guess there's always a slim chance with a live show like that of it happening.

Perhaps the possibility of such eventualities gives further support to the idea of a host-type figure, a Dungeon Master, to cover in such eventualities. He'd also be helpful in linking things, like when teams (I'm just using that word for now, I realise we're not sure if it be a team or an individual yet) die and a new team is introduced. He could also hurry teams along when they're spending far too long investigating something that has nothing to do with the game or otherwise wasting time (since the live format disallows editing things out of the final broadcast), and give them hints if they're stuck on a painfully easy puzzle. Basically, a lot of these situations suggest the need for someone to oversee it all. Someone like Treguard. Someone who's good at ad-libbing and handling various situations that might arise. I hear there's a very good 57-year old bearded fellow who's done something like it before. :)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

Wait, don't tell me... is it Brian Blessed?
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Brian Blessed rocks. He's in The Big Knights.

I do a good Brian Blessed voice too.  :D
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

Just wear a false beard and keep shouting all the time and you've pretty much got it.
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

*Tries to look convinced* Hmm...You forgot about the stare...anyway, no one can take off the Treguard stare, unless you are indeed Hugo Myatt, that is!  ;D
"You think maybe a girl can't do this? Ha!! Like camel I spit on you!!"
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

You're right there. I was always fascinated by the way he used his eyebrows in The Stare when I was young.
WhiteFloatingSkull
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Damn...

Post by WhiteFloatingSkull »

That guy was just one of those magnetic personality types...

Geez, How HAVE we survived the last god knows how many years without THAT stare... ;D
WoOOo, I am the floating Skull - bite my shiny cranium!!!
It still waits.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

With a large chunk of good luck, we might not have to wait for much longer. Fingers crossed.
Subject to change.
WhiteFloatingSkull
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Heh heh...

Post by WhiteFloatingSkull »

Fingers crossed.
And how may a skull be able to cross fingers?  ;D

In all seriousness, however, I'll be on 'Standby madness' mode when a serious amount of ep's is premiered on terrestrial TV. I can't go mad over a comeback series that's still 'On the way', so to speak... :P
Last edited by WhiteFloatingSkull on 03 Feb 2003, 20:16, edited 1 time in total.
WoOOo, I am the floating Skull - bite my shiny cranium!!!
It still waits.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

You'll have to cross your bones instead. Skull and cross-bones, geddit?!  :D
Subject to change.
Zall
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Zall »

Syphilis - now there's a potential problem!