5 characters you'd like to see return

How might you change Knightmare if a new series were to be made?
fluttermoth
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: 5 characters you'd like to see return

Post by fluttermoth »

These would be my personal choices;

1. Sylvester Hands
2. Julius Scaremonger
3. Brother Mace
4. Smirkenorff
5. Gundrada

Just because I found those five to be the best combination of rounded characterisation and amusement factor :)
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

wombstar wrote:Series 8 character page for the opposition.
http://www.knightmare.com/series/series ... opposition

8-o the website was wrong???
The website has often been wrong! That needs fixing when someone gets the chance.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Oh yes, the website has never been perfect, errors are uncovered all the time.

Yeah, all I can say is I have no memory of Malice ever going by the calling-name of 'Spite'. Now I seldom watch season 4 because I dislike it so much, so my memory of it is not reliable, but as Annie is also saying that she never saw her use it, I'm fairly confident the entry is wrong.
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

HStorm wrote:Samantha Perkins? Hmm, I enjoyed her enthusiasm, but I think the characters were rather better than the actress really.
That's her! Lol perhaps, I quite liked her Gundrada though. I think Malice was trying to be a bit too much like Morghana?
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Debz_g wrote:
HStorm wrote:Samantha Perkins? Hmm, I enjoyed her enthusiasm, but I think the characters were rather better than the actress really.
That's her! Lol perhaps, I quite liked her Gundrada though. I think Malice was trying to be a bit too much like Morghana?

Malice /Morghana pretty much the same character wasn't she, they dressed the same, in my head I liked to think they were mother and daughter.. lol
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

wombstar wrote: Malice /Morghana pretty much the same character wasn't she, they dressed the same, in my head I liked to think they were mother and daughter.. lol
Lol which one was which?! ;D
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

I disagree re: Malice/Morghanna, although I can see why the costume would give the impression they were both the same. Morghanna only got about two speaking scenes at all the entire time she was in the series, meaning she never really got a personality at all. She was just there to make evil laughing noises and sound unpleasant.

But Malice got a lot to do and was far more interesting, because she implicitly had issues with Mogdred, and that made it possible for dungeoneers to do a deal with her. She was always a palpable threat, even when she had made a bargain with the dungeoneer, but sometimes she couldn't afford to risk attacking. That meant she was probably the most unpredictable of the 'Big 4 Villains'. (Big 6 if you count Aesandre and Maldame, but I don't.)
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

What was interesting with her is she would appear in level 3 as the 'main baddie' killing off a dungeneeer, but we also saw her in level 1. None of the other main villains ever appeared in level 1.

There was certainly a power struggle between the two of them, and even with Morghanna in series 3. Always thought of them as odd family, throw in Mildred as a goofy grandmother and you've got yourself a sitcom. ;D

Aesandre and Maldame I would put in the B-list of villains. They clearly had a lot of power and ruled over their part of the dungeon.

I find Lilith quite interesting, she's able to put Tregaurd in his place if necessary, she could also be quite deceiving. That's the thing with early Knightmre you were never quite sure what their motive was, only Folly and Gretal in the first 2 series were ''good guys' Even Tregaurd had a darker side to him.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
WhiteFloatingSkull
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteFloatingSkull »

I'd be good seeing Sidriss again at some point, as a matter of fact.
Gundrada
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gundrada »

Debz_g wrote:I would quite like that actress back who played Malice and Gundrada. Would have liked to have seen her do more than 1 series. Although given her swordsmanship at the end of season 4, Gundrada may have come a cropper before too long!! ;-)
Haha, if only they shortened that clip by about 2 seconds we would have been none the wiser ;D
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

Gundrada wrote: Haha, if only they shortened that clip by about 2 seconds we would have been none the wiser ;D
Lol indeedy! To be honest I hadn't known about it for years as a lot of my VHS copies had the intros and credits chopped off! I blame that Battersby fellow as most of the tapes were copies off his dodgy batch from the Trading Post!! Do you know, I am still waiting for a replacement for tape 2 of series 8?! Shocking!! ;D
Gundrada
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gundrada »

Debz_g wrote:
Gundrada wrote: Haha, if only they shortened that clip by about 2 seconds we would have been none the wiser ;D
Lol indeedy! To be honest I hadn't known about it for years as a lot of my VHS copies had the intros and credits chopped off! I blame that Battersby fellow as most of the tapes were copies off his dodgy batch from the Trading Post!! Do you know, I am still waiting for a replacement for tape 2 of series 8?! Shocking!! ;D
I never noticed it until someone pointed it out on the choob of ewe, so I had to watch it again :green:
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

Lol amazing technology these days..! ;D
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

My top character (or rather threat) has returned- Arieadnie!!! I was very pleased to see her!!I think she would be a great threat to any new Knightmare!!
I would really like to see Morghana return! Scary woman!!!
haymansafc
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by haymansafc »

In addition to Treguard, Lord Fear and Lissard, I’d bring the following five back:

1) Pickle – I know helpers are a bit controversial with some but I had no issue at all with Tregard having helpers. I quickly grew to like him and thought he did add nicely to the dynamic of the show.
2) Motley – I was a big fan of his and much preferred him over Folly who to be honest I found rather irritating.
3) Sylvester Hands – One ‘baddie’ who you could feel had a good side in him and one you could get around (if you had the right objects or ‘gift of the gab’) to continue. A really likeable character. Probably my second favourite ‘baddie’ to Lord Fear, actually.
4) Hordress - As a child I saw him as a large, bold and incredibly powerful character when he wanted to be.
5) Sidress – I always had a soft spot for her and probably one of the kindest and softest character that the game seen. I always got a sense of relative safety (ish!) when a dungeoneer come to a room with her in. :)

If I could bring back another it would have to be Lilith. She just misses out on my own ‘top five’. Indeed, very much a character who could be both reasonably kind to being downright devious and nasty to a dungeoneer. On a similar note, Queen Greystagg would be someone else who’d I’d be very happy to see return if we could have more than five. She’d be battling Lilith for a sixth spot in my list!

Good old Smirkenorff would be another one on the ‘close / also ran’ list if we could have more.