Another KM idea

How might you change Knightmare if a new series were to be made?
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Another KM idea

Post by HStorm »

I wouldn't bet money on that, Beamrider. A lot of teams' appearances on KM are getting on towards twenty years ago and their school lives will now be far behind them. It's more than likely that they'll have lost contact with team-mates by now.
Last edited by HStorm on 10 Jun 2004, 13:19, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

We don't know that, it's not really right to lose one friends phone/contact. I'm 17 and I've seen my friends after nearly ten years...

Tim Child might know a few contacts, but yet, it still doesn't sound hopeful...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Glenn, there's a difference between staying in contact with people when you're a teenager, and trying to keep contact with them when you're an adult. People move all over the country, even to other countries, as they get older.

Trying to trace 32 people after 10-15 years will be tricky. I'm not saying they shouldn't try it, but it's a tall order.
Last edited by HStorm on 10 Jun 2004, 14:42, edited 1 time in total.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Hmmm, s'pose so...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Some would be easier than others to find. From reading the guest book the series 7 winning teams are still in contact with each other which means in theory once you find one you would find the others. Part of the winning team from series 8 also haunts these forums. However other teams may be harder to find, especially those from series 2 I suspect.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
beamrider2600
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by beamrider2600 »

Not impossible I don't think - I'm not in touch with any of my friends from when KM was on, but if I wanted to find them, I could - I know where they all used to live so thats a start - and once you've found 1 they might know where some of the others are etc etc - if I really wanted to that is. Anyway, do they *really* need permission, surely when you go on Knightmare they must've signed some kind of contract of some description, allowing them to be on TV - after all, theres no problem with replaying the episodes on challange, obviously they didn't have permission for that - so they obviously don't need it?
..........................lets go ride some BEAMS!!
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Recording NEW material for commercial use using someone's likeness may require permission. Not a hundred per cent sure about that though.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

They may have signed an initial contract/agreement, but it just depends on what it covers. If it is just the block of episodes they appear in (which they signed for), they will likely need permission to use their images again in the new series.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

The Brollachan wrote:However other teams may be harder to find, especially those from series 2 I suspect.
I think that there is sometimes contact with Jason Karl (Julian) one of the series 2 winning dungeoneers. He has also done a couple or few knightmare related interviews. I think that he has contact with one or two of his advisors, not sure though. Also if you read the series 2 team guides it has that Dan Allen and Mark Whickson (team 4 1st winning team, advisor and dungeoneer) and also Vaughan Simpson (team 10 2nd winning team, advisor) have signed the main site guestbook. So it is a possibility to still be able to find members of series 2 teams.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"