The Satellite Game

Other shows or games that remind you of Knightmare but aren't official derivatives.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

The Satellite Game

Post by Canadanne »

Wow, have you seen the episode of The Satellite Game that's been shared on a certain popular website? Stars David "Pickle" Learner as helium-voiced robot Lari!

The third contestant's introduction is slightly hilarious.

Gameplay is a bit non-existent which makes it rather tedious compared to Knightmare, but it looks pretty cool!

Who are the other actors in this? The round blue thing near the end sounds a bit like Edmund Dehn.

I suggest adding some screencaps to David's Lexicon entry!
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Re: The Satellite Game

Post by shadow6162 »

Is it on YouTube or something?
Many years ago I wrote fanfictions. Now I attempt to write sanely.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

shadow6162 wrote:Is it on YouTube or something?
You could try searching for it on there... ;)
Canadanne wrote:Who are the other actors in this? The round blue thing near the end sounds a bit like Edmund Dehn.
D'oh, evidence of sleep deprivation here, I think! For some reason I saw "The Players" in the end credits and thought it meant the contestants!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Thank you for finding this, Annie. It's fortunate that the video had Knightmare in the name or it might have stayed undiscovered for a while longer. I thought that The Satellite Game would forever be a missing chapter in Broadsword history: this year has been full of screen surprises! It gives me hope than an episode of Time Busters may yet surface.

There are a number of interesting details to be seen and heard, including the use of a superimposed human mouth as seen on Knightmare's wall monsters, a possible Margret Thatcher impersonation in a surreal context and an apparent use of what became the Series 4 portal sound effect. Simply learning that David Learner's character was L.A.R.I. rather than Larry was worthwhile. Though how we got from CoCo to Codsby in four short years is a question best left to those with brains the size of planets.

In terms of reporting, it's a tough call: although this news isn't directly related to Knightmare and centres around copyrighted material, I would say that it warrants an article for Knightmare.com. But the final say has to be Alan's.
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Post by shadow6162 »

I'm watching it now. I'm really loving L.A.R.I, he's so funny ;D
Many years ago I wrote fanfictions. Now I attempt to write sanely.