Memory Lane

Other shows or games that remind you of Knightmare but aren't official derivatives.
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Memory Lane

Post by shadow6162 »

I've just taken my Latin teacher down memory lane today. Since it's the last day of school today, the only thing I brought in was a pen and my book 'Knightmare: Fortress of Assassins'. We only had a 30 minute lesson so my teacher asked what we wanted to do. The 13 of us pondered and I jokingly showed my book to him and said: "I have a book with a face on a tree if that helps."
He then told me that he used to love watching KM which surprised me. So for the other 11 people who barely knew about it, we showed them the first episode. We were all just laughing like mad, especially when the team was in the first room and were having trouble spelling out OPEN. It was absolutely brilliant! :D
Many years ago I wrote fanfictions. Now I attempt to write sanely.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Memory Lane

Post by Drassil »

Well done, Amy. I did Latin at school, and I chose it partly because I had enjoyed Brother Mace's appearance so much. Treguard mentions the Romans in Episode 1 so I suppose it was a fair choice. ;)

Will you be doing Latin again next year? If so, you could pick out Brother Mace's Latin moments and ask your teacher to devote a lesson to translating them! You might also impress the class by pointing out that on perhaps the one occasion when Hordriss uses a non-made-up Latin word, "Abesse!" to banish a haunting in Quest 1 of Series 4, he is using an infinitive when he should really be using an imperative.
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Post by shadow6162 »

Yes I am doing it next year! And that's a good idea! :D
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Post by shadow6162 »

I might as well stick it here. I had a kind of GCSE test for my Latin and I got an A in it! YAAAAAAAAAAAAY! :D