Perhaps the ultimate modern day Eyeshield journey.

Other shows or games that remind you of Knightmare but aren't official derivatives.
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Perhaps the ultimate modern day Eyeshield journey.

Post by Snowcat »

Non-KM but I'll hopefully get away with it. Found while randomly wandering forums and You Tube.

Lords, ladies, gentlemen and dungeoneers, I give you "El Camino Del Rey"...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PaeQykTZRHw
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Perhaps the ultimate modern day Eyeshield journey.

Post by HStorm »

Wow, the guy filming must have balls of rock! Or a death wish...

(Shouldn't worry about the relevance issue. Compared to some of the stuff that arbitrarily gets into the KM Lexicon, this is virtually canonical.)
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
123Pooka
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by 123Pooka »

Now those would have been breathtaking eyeshield scenes. If you could just superimpose some black portals at the end of some of those pathways.

Can you imagine those guys trying that blindfolded? 'Simon, there's a huge chasm on your left. Simon, sidestep to the left.'
The only way is onward, there is no turning back. Oooh nasty, didn't realise the road ended there!
Helvellyn
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Helvellyn »

I've heard that that path is closed, and that there's a fairly heft fine for going along it. I've also shown this video to my brother, who said "been there", the lunatic.
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by AriadnesLayer »

That is *fantastic*

Eyeshield sequences always bored me. I always saw the potential in them, but I don't want to watch 2 minutes of somebody shuffling up a forest path at snail's pace.

I always felt if Knightmare returned, the eyeshield sequences would *have* to be more dangerous. This would be just excellent.
Gizensha
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Gizensha »

Whereas I always felt the dwarf tunnels, since theoretically you could set encounters there (afterall, what was the CoB except for a really, really dangerous corruption of the dwarf tunnels), were a superior way of getting two rooms which couldn't logically be next to each other but needed some intervening travel between the two. (Granted, that's assuming you're playing the two minute A to B out for 'things could theoretically happen there' rather than imposing a dungeoneer walking onto a pre-rendered cut scene.)

Still. As far as eye shield videos go, that would have been a fantastic source of them for an ascent up a mountain, say.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Having read the above posts, I'm now pondering what it would have been like if a team died halfway through an Eyeshield sequence....
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Snowcat wrote: Non-KM but I'll hopefully get away with it.
I'd say that anything that isn't intentionally related to KM, but reminds a fan of it, has a natural home in the 'Unintended Knightmare References' thread. :) Though this thread has become Knightmare-related, so apparently you have got away with it. ;) For me, watching that video has all the suspense of the CoB, and one bit in particular (around 4:33) made me think of Series 4's Place of Choice.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Oi Pickle! THAT is a nasty drop! ;D

Sweet, shame bout the giveaway at 0:50, but still nonetheless great.

Male Tannoy Voice: "Whilst this dungeoneer is taking his time, heres a little music!"
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/