Has anybody seen Raven?

Other shows or games that remind you of Knightmare but aren't official derivatives.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Has anybody seen Raven?

Post by Mystara »

Though frustratingly, they're reluctant to actually exercise those rights to produce something :(
EvelynMason
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by EvelynMason »

I saw some episodes of it a year or two ago and I was actually quite intrigued with it. Yes there's a definite Knightmare feel to it, and I did want the episodes to go on longer than they did as I became quite mesmerized by the show when watching, I don't see it on TV anymore or cable which is a pity as I wouldn't mind watching again even if they were repeats. I'd want a new host of it though if they ever did a new series. Besides it was all outdoor challenges if I remember rightly, there was no interior games like Knightmare, everything was out in the open if I recall, I only saw a few episodes though :-/
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Post by shadow6162 »

My god I could never stop watching Raven, it's such a shame it's not appearing so often. I even remember going as far as to trying to apply for the show when I was 9 pretending I was 11, but my mum knew that would never work. And after convincing someone on YouTube recently, they uploaded one of my favourite clips in Raven history. The one thing is though I don't see how it has any link to Knightmare. True Raven is kind of like Treguard I guess, but I don't see much link between the two shows. Oh well, It's still a gr8 show! :D
Many years ago I wrote fanfictions. Now I attempt to write sanely.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

I'll agree that it's a little bit Knightmaresque, but I particularly don't like the fact that they wear protective gear. That takes a way a lot of the fantasy element for me. Dungeoneers never wore shinguards.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Raven is a fantastic programme and as you may know, I've written a magazine on it called The Raven's Eye at http://www.freewebs.com/ravenseyemag. There are some links with Knightmare with kids being put in a medieval-themed game show with a bearded host and I guess Knightmare and Raven appealed to the same part in me.

We haven't had a new series since March 2010 nor any repeats since August 2010 so I've started a petition to bring back Raven to our screens. If any Raven fans out there could sign it I'd be really grateful - the link is http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bringbackraven/. :)