Problems with submitting articles

Any feedback, questions or ideas for this forum and website.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Problems with submitting articles

Post by Canadanne »

Ever since I got automatically "upgraded" to IE v.11, the form for submitting articles hasn't worked properly for me. I can type straight into the box (although it weirdly expands the size of the box every time I hit a key!), but it doesn't let me paste anything into the box, which is what I would normally do after composing an article in Notepad. If I try to insert a hyperlink, it's impossible to close the dialog box as the OK & Cancel buttons and the X in the corner don't work. And if I try to insert a picture, nothing happens. In short, it's completely unusable in this browser unless I only have a couple of sentences to submit.

I am just wondering if this is likely to be fixed at some point so I don't have to install additional browsers. Is whoever designed the editor aware that it isn't IE11 compatible?
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Problems with submitting articles

Post by Mystara »

<sigh> Probably not. Though nothing's changed in the last 6 months.

There are so few editors and I have yet to find one that's compatible with everything. That, and people use the editor so rarely that I only ever hear about any problems every 6 months or so. So every time I go back to the problem I've forgotten which editors I've already tried.

Have you tried the various buttons for copying/pasting?
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Okay, I've installed a new editor. Give that a whirl.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

I regret to report that the new one works even less than the old one. Thanks for trying, though!
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

The problems with the old editor relate to IE 11. But I'd rather not have any incompatibilities at all.

I shall investigate, but not for a few more days.