Re:Forum Concern...

Any feedback, questions or ideas for this forum and website.
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

I think you have approached the problem in a rational, sensible way in response to points raised Illusion and that of course sounds wonderful. A few simple guidelines would be all that was needed if sensible moderators were appointed and I trust you will make a good decision whomever you choose. Hopefully these changes will bring the forum problems to a close with some watchful eyes giving you a hand, here's hoping from me.
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Unfortunately as a board expands and becomes more popular it requires more people to control it.

Hopefully these new moderator(s) will be online at different times to yourself thus can effectively moderate the board.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

I believe that presently the forum could just be gonig through the customary 'blip' that happens to all forums. It usually happens when several new members arrive and several others disappear for various reasons at the same time. Consequently, granite-like friction can develop for a time, until something happens.

I must admit, I had forgotten about the ability to use the 'Report topic to a moderator' button. Perhaps I could use this instead of slyly putting in a subtle, yet insulting retort. This goes against the grain of my character (well, I'd like to think so anyway- I certainly don't aim to hurt without a very good reason).

Certainly, in the past couple of weeks there have been members (I know you may know who I'm talking about, but I'm still not mentioning names) who have been less than complimentary, even intimidating to regualar forum-goers. Thankfully, one has left, but others remain.

To be fair, though, it has taken the board up to over 550 members before the situation looks less than perfect, so it can't be that bad.

To conclude (yes, I did start with the intention of making a point or two), I believe moderation could be a good idea, as well as a little more use of alerting moderators with the helpful button supplied.

Thankyou for reading this far, even if you've skimmed.

FK
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

In fact, since the straw has now broken my camel's back (or some other odd cliche), I'll do that right now. It's not all that often I get annoyed on a forum (usually there are dunderheads on others who are just too stupid and make me laugh), but... :-X
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

The member who went by the username 'Superspurs' has now been removed and banned.

Thanks to everyone who used the button. ;D
Last edited by Anonymous on 19 Jun 2004, 20:58, edited 1 time in total.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

That is rather good news, albeit a shame. An effort was made.

Less brawling on the forum now, I hope.
Last edited by Kieran on 19 Jun 2004, 21:28, edited 1 time in total.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

It's a shame that it had to come to that - I'd hoped that it would be possible to reason with him. People can change. Rehabilitation rather than retribution. Ruddy shame. :(
Subject to change.
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Still why would anyone want to base their username on a dodgy premiership football club? ::)
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

It's entirely their choice. As long as it isn't rude, surely people can go by whatever name they please?
Subject to change.
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Still he did start quite a few topics (many with polls), shame that most of these topics already existed. The use of the search button is always useful.
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

I sent two warnings and made it clear that his account would be removed if things didn't improve.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

That's a fair process, I have a similar system on my board and usually one warning is enough to get things back on track.

2 stricks and your out, or is that baseball?
Last edited by TheBrollachan on 19 Jun 2004, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Well, that might not have occurred to him. I'm a bit of a softie in that I give people the benefit of the doubt. Was he told that the threads he created already existed elsewhere?
Subject to change.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Illusion wrote: I sent two warnings and made it clear that his account would be removed if things didn't improve.
Ah, I see! That makes all the difference, then.
Subject to change.
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

I did post a message towards the start of the skipping level 2 thread. Although I knew another thread already existed as I started it.

Also he started two almost identical threads relating to Duston/Dunstarians, and knightmare unfair/rigged. I get annoyed when members appear to be clogging up a forum with similar topics (especially when they start both of the topics).