Re: Welcome

Any feedback, questions or ideas for this forum and website.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

It's quite easy to see that people feel at home on this forum  :D
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

It's a very useful board. And if you know what you're doing, you can do all sorts of things with the YaBBC code as well.

Pooka!!!

(smug)  ;D
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Thanks for all your comments. The forum seems to be working well so far. Just some advance notice that the forum may be down for maintenance sometime between 2pm and 6pm this Friday 29th December.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
rachelesque
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by rachelesque »

we use yabb for rahfish and its always been good there (better than phpboard imo)
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

James Aukett
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Brill forum it is too  ;D
James Aukett
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

10 years of this forum

Post by Drassil »

Since its earliest posts and memberships date from 17th November 2002, I would like to wish the Knightmare.com Forum a Happy 10th Birthday. I am proud of what I have contributed here and of how enjoyable and informative other Knightmare fans' contributions have been - and continue to be. I am grateful to Nic/Illusion for setting up the forum, where I felt welcome straightaway, and for looking after it in its formative years.

Regrettably, I was not prepared for all the goings and goings that have occurred over the years. So many people who seemed content here have disappeared overnight without a goodbye. The notion that a Knightmare fan could 'run out of things to talk about' is one to which I don't subscribe and I hope I never will. I believe now, as strongly as I ever have, that this forum is the best place to be a fan of one of the best TV series.

Where am I? Still here. A more important question: where's the birthday cake? I'm not settling for Life Force quiche.
SpectralScorpion
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by SpectralScorpion »

Happy 10th birthday Knightmare forums. :D
SpectralScorpion (n) - One who is forever condemned to eat his words by his own brash arrogance. XD
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: 10 years of this forum

Post by JamesA »

Wow, this is a cause for celebration. And it coincides with the 25th anniversary of the actual show too....

Of course, before its current incarnation we had the Bravenet then Network54 versions of the forum, but it is this present day version that has undoubtedly survived the longest. Despite various usernames and my dark days of ridiculously short postings (nowadays I of course like to focus on quality rather than quantity), I like to think that I have indeed been here since the beginning of its present life cycle - needless to say that I have not always been here on a frequent basis, but I guess that right here, right now I am genuinely proud to be posting on here at such a landmark time for all things related to the show.

Let's hope that this continues to be one of THE places to discuss Knightmare over the next ten years.
James Aukett
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Post by shadow6162 »

Amazing! Happy 10th birthday forums!!! Even if I've only spent a year and a half posting here, those days were brilliant and I hope they continue :D
Many years ago I wrote fanfictions. Now I attempt to write sanely.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: 10 years of this forum

Post by Canadanne »

Definitely a cause for celebration - I didn't realise the forum was reaching a milestone of its own this year. It's a shame I missed its period of peak activity, when the show was being repeated on Challenge (let's hope we can see another surge of interest if they show it again). It saddens me that I never got to 'meet' some of the old forum regulars; I too feel their loss, even though I wasn't here at the time.

Thanks to all contributors past and present who have made this my favourite Internet hangout!
Drassil wrote:A more important question: where's the birthday cake?
Has anyone ever made a Knightmare-themed novelty cake? I can't recall seeing any...
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

I echo what everyone is saying! Gutted I didn't discover this earlier but it shows how much love there is for Knightmare, even today! Here', keep up the good work!s to many more years! A big thanks for the people who run the website as well as the forum
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.