International Knightmare!

A discussion of the Knightmare spin-offs from around the world.
Gerz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: International Knightmare!

Post by Gerz »

I can imagen what Knightmare the Movie would be like if it was a big hollywood film.

Treguard goes into a massive sword fight with lord fear, while the dungeonere and his 2 advisors (as one of them turned out to be a spy) are all fighting Mogdred in a battle to the death.

Fear knocks Treguard next to the dead body of Pickle (which is to really get Treguard mad) Treguard draws out 2 guns and saids some choice words to fear before blasting him wioth hios guns.

The 2 advisor of the dungeonere meanwhile are helpless as Mogdred moves in for the kill.. the voice of Merlin sounds (A stars Wars Cliche coming up) "Use the spellcast Dungeoneres name"
The dungeoneres spellcasts something that will cause Mogdred to have a horrible death.

Treguard then goes to bed with whoever the female heroinie is, Velda or someone like that.

The Dungeonere gets dismiss home, only to find his house wrecked by Morghanna, and has a close up of the Dungeonere face who looks like he is ready to fight leaving it open for some corny squeal. It also has a heavy rock and roll version of the Knightmare theme tune as well as "Slim Shady" (cant spell his other stage name Eminem or something).

By the way the film doesn't link up and run together well. And the scripts are Americanised.
Maybe Treguard can have the US flag as a tatoo and his muscle bound arms and smoke a cuban cigar.  
I Love Goblins
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

And all the villians will have stereotypical British accents! ;)
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

LOL, that's really really good Gerz.

I bet they would go for Star Wars similarities! I'd think they'd make Pickle the hero, except he'd be buffed up a lot- no more meekness, just a few awful catchphrases (Leonardo DiWhatsit, perhaps?) . I wonder if perhaps he'd have to avenge the death at Lord Fear's hands of his aging mentor, Treguard (Sean Connery?). Perhaps in his death scene Treguard could reveal to Pickle he's his real father. Or, of course, you could go the full Star Wars route, and have Lord Fear as Pickle's daddymoos.

Anyway, Pickle has to seek and destroy Lord Fear (as Thanatos suggests, probably Alan Rickman). Along the way he's guided by Hordriss (ably portrayed by Christopher Lee), and the ghosts of Treguard and Merlin (Sir Ian McKellen). He's severely tempted by one or several evil beauties- perhaps Jamie Lee Curtis as Aesandre?- and would probably end up sleeping with at least two of them. (Of course, one of them could therefore be pregnant and raise the resulting child as a new nemesis for Pickle to face in the sequel.)

Anyway, he finally destroys Lord Fear, but not without ample mention of Merlin/Mogdred, who'd form the basis for a prequel when the sequels dry up. (Perhaps Sir Ian McKellen could play both Merlin and Mogga?) He ends up winning the heart of some beauty- Majida, who'd probably be renamed Magic Gal (as someone mentioned on another thread). Anyway, we find out in the next movie that she can easily look after herself- yes, she's a completely unoriginal ballsy heroine (and good insurance in case DiWhatsit demands to much cash to do the sequel), probably played by Liz Hurley.

The two escape Mount Fear just as it's exploding, but with the promise of a lucrative sequel, you can never be sure that Lord Fear's really dead, can you?

"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Sounds just like the interactive story!  :D
Subject to change.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Knightmare on Hollywood

Post by HStorm »

Which modern movie stars do you think would be good in the roles if the established characters from Knightmare were recast?

Alan Rickman as Treguard perhaps? (He really looked like the Dungeon Master in Robin Hood Prince Of Thieves.) Jennifer Aniston as Gretel? How about Whoopi Goldberg as Gundrada?
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Knightmare on Hollywood

Post by Fidjit »

Good Grief... Hollywood?

Hugo Myatt - Treguard
David Learner - Pickle
Clifford...

Oh come now they have to be the origional characters nothing can replace their characters can they? LOL ;D
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

I agree with Motley - Hollywood? Does that have to dominate every TV thing these days? I wouldn't dream of thinking up new people for a film version or anything!!! Stick to the olds - they know their stuff!
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

*Sigh.* I'm not saying it's something I'd like to see happen. I'm just asking, who do you think would be good in the roles apart from the originals? There's no need to take the question so seriously.
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

Lol, this one'll need a bit of a think...if I was casting, then I'd pick George Clooney to be Treguard (well, he's a great actor. And yes, he has grown a beard in the past so he'd be suitable (I admit tho' that I'm being shallow ;) ).
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

I don't think Clooney's voice is weird enough for Treguard, but yeah, his beard sure looked right for the job! ;)
LordF
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by LordF »

No one can replace Mark Knight as Lord Fear he is the orignal and a one of a kind.

It would be good if they bribed MK to play Lord Fear.
LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

Well i'm not familer with Hollywood star actors but i could come up with a few hollywood character changes..

Like Mogdred replaced with Uncle fester (?)
And Hands with Betelgeuse ;)
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Melisandrinoff
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Melisandrinoff »

Yeah, Alan Rickman would be a good dungeon master ;) Except maybe he wouldn't be sympathetic enough - perhaps he'd make a better Lord Fear ;)
Ooh! Patrick Stewart as dungeon master! He'd be cool ;) And Kirsten Dunst would make a good Elita ;)
"You're in a room..." ;)
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

I agree with Emily in that nobody can replace the original actors...And hey, Hollywood is full of money grabbing no-talent these days!

Still, Arnold Schwartiy-whatever-he-iscalled would be an interesting Treguard!

"Join us again for Knightmare. We'll be back."
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Thanatos
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Thanatos »

I'd never re-cast Treguard, Lord Fear or Hands (though if I had to I'd choose Brian Blessed, John Hurt and Johnny Depp).

Ridolfo: Orlando Bloom
Hordriss: Christopher Lee
Maldame: Sian Phillips
Julius Scaramonger: Sean Bean
Mogdred: Ian McKellan or Anthony Hopkins
Sir Hugh de Witless: Jack Davenport
McGrew: Robbie Coultrane
Merlin: Derek Jacobi
Mrs. Grimwold: Miriam Margolyes
Lissard: Richard o'Brien
"The Tory Party is the cream of society: rich, thick and full of clots." - anonymous