Knightmare Transcripts: Interested?

Interested in offering help to the Knightmare community? Make or respond to requests for help here.
JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Look what I've done!

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

I think it's a good idea. I think that this should go somewhere on a page on this site, because I found that the Series guides (except series 1) only give a rather rough idea of what actually happens. This will give a much clearer picture of all the rooms involved, because some are not even mentioned on the Series guides in the Teams pages.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Well done, Velda! Very dedicated, I must say...but if you're planning on writing out the whole series please remember not to overtax yourself - I'm sure others with a bit of spare time would be willing to help you out with any quest you are on to convert Knightmare into text :)
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Why don't you start a knew site with them on, such as something like a Knightmare transcript site or put them on your encyclopedia site. ;)
Last edited by MoanaLiza on 05 Oct 2003, 18:02, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Fantastic! I'd be willing to help out with any other episodes from Series 6 or 7, as those are the best quality ones I've got. I suggest you put each episode transcript in a .txt file, as that's one of the most compatible formats!
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

Wow!  :D
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

It would only be possible (I think...) in a text document. You can't use up too much space on this site can you...
Contact Illusion and see what he thinks...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Yes, I think it would be a good idea to have detailed episode guides (like the above) on the website. And yes it would probably be better to have a separate text file for each. Perhaps they could be eventually all zipped together and people can download them.

If anyone decides to write any, the best way to submit them is to e-mail it to me and I'll stick it on the site.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

Yay, thanks Illusion!  When I complete an episode I'll put it in a text file then e-mail it to you like you suggest.  I've finished the first ep of Series 6 so I'll send you it first once it's in text format.

Does anyone else want to help me undertake this mammoth task - apart from BillyH?  It means we can get the job done quicker...please?  I'd be grateful!   :)
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

Hi Velda. Well done, it's a great idea. I remember you mentioning the idea before, and you really did it! Kudos to you.

I've got a few ideas/etc., also after having checked your KM dictionary type thingumy. Mind if I IM them to you?
No, fire away! The only prob is that I've only got two days left at the course the site was made in so I'll have to be quick!  I'd do it at home but I don't have ftp.  :(  Still, I'll try 'cause I'd like to see a bit more there myself.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I'd be happy to help you Velda, I've recorded KNIGHTMARE on VHS and I impersonate the series time in time out. (I even talk to myself so much because I remember it... DON'T ASK!)

I can do a lot of Series 3 if you want me to...
Last edited by Fidjit on 09 Oct 2003, 17:42, edited 1 time in total.
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

Would you do that for me?  Thanks! :D Lol and with your knowledge of those episodes you probably won't take as long writing them! :D
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

You talk to yuor selft bicause of that too?  :) And I thought I was the only one
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

I'm happy to help out with S4 scripts. It's not my favourite series, but one I have access to, and is always grand to watch and listen to closely as ever.

Not set up a Bristol Uni Knightmare fan club yet, but keep mentionning it in passing. Had S4 on the other day, and a guy from my block came in my room, and promptly screeched and left... I tried explaining that S4 wasn't the most sinister ever - but he just remembered KM scaring the living daylights (sorry, listening to A-Ha right now) out of him. Amusement. Anyhow, fingers up for helping out S4 wise.
Knightmarian. alphavillean. Marvellian.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

This transcription is a great achievement - all the more since you enjoy doing it! Well done.

Note for anyone who comes to transcribe any Latin (from Hordriss, Brother Mace et al): If you get stuck, write it down phonetically and no doubt there will be Classicists available to check it (I for one!)
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
PunmiesterWhiteley
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by PunmiesterWhiteley »

Assuming I can get my video working I could do a transcript of some of Series 8.  That would include the final episode.

Majida:  So it ends for them yes?
Treguard:  For them yes, for us no.

But it did end.
You remind me of all the other men I've met in my life. All helmet and no brains.

(Stiletta to Mike)