Quest experts needed!

Interested in offering help to the Knightmare community? Make or respond to requests for help here.
red_fraggle
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Quest experts needed!

Post by red_fraggle »

Hey folks, I'm knew round here (although I've been reading the website for ages) and I need your help...

I'm working on a little project (can't say too much about it as it's a gift for someone who reads the forum - all will be revealed in the fullness of time though) and it requires some pretty specific info. I've been trying to work it all out on my own, but in the interests of my own sanity, ever getting the flamin' thing finished and it being accurate when I do, I've decided I need to consult with some real experts, so what better place to come than here?!

So basically I need to know how many quests certain characters appeared in throughout KM. I've found the "top ten" page on TES, so I have the usual suspects sussed, but there are quite a few others I need to know about. I've been through the series guides on this site and made a bit of a list, but as that didn't quite match up with the TES stats I figure I must have a few mistakes. This is what I have so far (not including TES top ten, which i'm taking as fact):

Series 1;
Cedric - 3 quests
Lillith - 6 quests

Series 2;
Cedric - 6 quests
Igneous - 7 quests
Lillith - 5 quests
Mildread - 7 quests
Mogdred - 6 quests

Series 3;
Mogdred - 2 quests

Series 4;
Brother Mace - 4 quests
Mogdred - 2 quests

Series 5;
Aesandre - 3 quests
Brother Mace - 5 quests
Julius Scaramonger - 5 quests
Scarkill - 5 quests

Series 6;
Ah Wok - 5 quests
Elita - 4 quests
Greystagg - 2 quests
Julius Scaramonger - 5 quests
Ridolfo - 6 quests
Scarkill - 3 quests
Sidriss - 6 quests

Series 7;
Greystass - 3 quests
Grimaldine - 6 quests
Marta - 4 quests
Romahna - 5 quests
Rothberry - 5 quests
Sidriss - 5 quests
Brollachan - 5 quests

Series 8;
Rothberry - 1 quests
Sidriss - 2 quests (I'm not counting the bimboid ep)

I'm also wondering how many dungeoneers met a pooka (Pooka? djoska? you two seem to be our resident experts on that one...)

If any series experts out there can make any corrections I'd be hugely grateful and will happily share the finished results (which I think/hope you'll like) with you all.
djoska
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Quest experts needed!

Post by djoska »

hmm.
Pookas- I'll have to think about it!

Many pookas appeared during quests in series 6- or it may even have been the same one!!

Also, there was an older type of pooka in series 4 and 5.

I'll try and help with the pookas of S6- I got most of them on my PC.
Keep a look out for my Knew Knightmare PC game!!
V1.0 coming soon!!!!
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

I don't know the answers but I'll root around my KM tapes and see what I can find.

Hmm, occurs to me that this is a neat idea I could add in to 'Anorak's Corner' on the FANSFAQ.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
djoska
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by djoska »

anoraks corner....

:o
V1.0 coming soon!!!!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Welcome to the forum. I'm intrigued by your project, and look forward to finding out more about when you're ready to lift the veil of secrecy! In the meantime, I hope you're having fun with it.

If you want to check your statistics (though they seem accurate enough to me), and haven't already consulted the Episode Discussion thread on this forum, then it could prove useful, as summaries exist there for most individual episodes (and therefore quests) that are more detailed than you'll find elsewhere.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
red_fraggle
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by red_fraggle »

Ah, maybe I'll try that then, thanks. ;)
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Yeah, a few pookas appeared in series 4 (although Treguard only referred to them as 'dangerous hauntings' at that time; they may have just been a different kind of creature... but probably not) and 5; their main appearances were in series 6 where they were seen basically everywhere - and three were named (Falgo, Puck, and the Grand Pooka).
They also made a re-appearance in Julie's Quest of S7, but that was about it.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
djoska
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by djoska »

ha- outwit me again, pooka!!!

I didn't think they had names- unless they were captive.

:'( = puck

that's the one I remember and he was in a bottle.
Although, in my game I spelt and referred to it as 'puc' referring to it's original Irish spelling of 'puca' (pooka).

Anyway, I never got to watch the whole of S6-8 this time around because I couldn't see it at weekends!!

but I really wanna help- this sounds interesting!
V1.0 coming soon!!!!
red_fraggle
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by red_fraggle »

Hmm, disappointing number of pooka references in the episode discussions. But never mind, there are always ways round these little challenges!

Thanks for all the help so far guys. I think I'm almost done with my mission now, but keep it all coming - every bit of info is useful.

So now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that my friend (and all you lovely people who've been helping me out) will like the finished result...
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

I think the Bulk of the Pooka appreces in S7 were in the closeing Titles.

In fact I think the last ever apprece by a Pooka is in episoed 14 over the end titles.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Any news on this? It sounded most interesting, and it would be a shame never to find out the end result.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
red_fraggle
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by red_fraggle »

Wow, didn't realise it was nearly a year since I was doing this. Sorry I never came back with the goods till now, had to ban myself from the forums for a while in order to get some work done, otherwise unemployment would probably have loomed!

Anyway, the big project was Knightmare Top Trumps - there's been a massive revival of Top Trumps in recent years and my boyfriend got quite into them, so I thought I'd make him his very own set. It was a bit of a labour of love, but well worth it. There are 31 cards (which seems a bit of a random number, not quite sure why I did that) featuring characters from all 8 series, with a colour picture and classic quote from/about each one. The categories they're scored on are; Quests appeared in, Magic, Strength, Fear Factor, How annoying (specially created for some of the characters who wouldn't score so well elsewhere!) and comedy value.

I still have the file if anyone fancies a gander, although it's a publisher file and it's HUGE (over 6 meg). If you want me to, though, I can try to e-mail it over.

So there we are, the big secret's out and I can finally reveal my true identity (well, not exactly a true identity, but one my b/f would have spotted a mile off if I'd used it before!)!

btw, anyone know what the current sitch is with Challenge TV repeats? They showed series 8 & 1 recently, but seem to have stopped there for a bit...
Naitch
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Naitch »

Puck was the only named Pooker, and there did seem to be a couple of different variaties in the dungeon.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Plus the pooka on Greystagg's causeway in the last episode of series 6 was called Falgo. :'(
This account is disabled.
My new account is TheOldenDays
Naitch
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Naitch »

Of course Falgo, How could I forget!

Silly me!