Help me!: A Knightmare tribute

Interested in offering help to the Knightmare community? Make or respond to requests for help here.
sodoto
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Help me!: A Knightmare tribute

Post by sodoto »

Hi! I have started a group at my university, and we are getting together ideas so that next term - around about May or June - we can shoot a "Knightmare" tribute. (At the moment tentatively called Project: Daydream.)

We want to include all the lines and characters you'd expect, but most of all, we want to include mock-ups of each of the most famous rooms.

However: we do not have access to the blue screen room. (Although maybe sometime in the next two years that may change.) And so, I am looking for ways to recreate the rooms in outdoor locations.

Yes, we are going for the slightly cheesy look. We've started to construct a "FrightKnight" costume with cardboard and string, and our plan is to make the helmet out of tin foil - it's going to be a Knightmare tribute on a very small budget indeed.

The only room we've managed to think through carefully is Play Your Cards Right - we scanned in some already large cards, have blown them up to A4 sides, and will make the dungeoneer sit on chairs, which will be taken away (the blindfolded dungeoneer will attempt to move on and sit on a chair which isn't there.)

There was also an idea floated about to print off a picture of a snake, for example, and wave it mindlessly in front of the camera (hoping we can get the perspectives right) as we don't know if we can get one of the animation students on board.

We already have a plan for the life force meter - we're going with the trusty pie. Mmm. Apple pie. (Anyone who is in the Bournemouth area and wishes to come help us eat the pie as we cut parts away is more than welcome.)

Can anyone come up with any ways to help recreate dungeons? Is anyone in the Bournemouth area who would be willing to come down and play one of the characters/contestants? Does anyone want to help pitch scenarios? Has anyone made a very low budget Knightmare costume?

All help will be gratefully received!! Check here for further updates of our progress! :)
Sidestep right.
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Re:Help me!: A Knightmare tribute

Post by TheBrollachan »

Well we here in KM land have our own version known as the KM RPG.

More info can be found via: http://ikm.ezri.mine.nu/
:)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
sodoto
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by sodoto »

Yeah... ours is just a little project for summer daftness. :) (Some of us are stuck in Bournemouth for a month with no lecturers due to other commitments/jobs so we wanted something to do.) We're hoping to make it partly serious/partly comedic/ partly interviews with Knightmare fans.
Sidestep right.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I borrowed the helmet from TC, that was a huge addition to the project... There is a spoofy kind on knightmare.com click in the news section. It is halarious!

And yes, that is my ugly mug on that page, clips and pictures!
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

Ugly mug? I'm actualy rather taken with you. Back on topic, I have a low budget Treguard costume. It's very low budget indeed, as when I say costume, I mean I have a beard.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
sodoto
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by sodoto »

Sounds brill. Hah. Our "FrightKnight" costume so far is a piece of card with a rectangle cut out of the middle, and holes punched in so it can be tied around the head. We are also in the process of picking up abandoned hub caps to make the CoB.
Sidestep right.
dontyoulikemypie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dontyoulikemypie »

Sounds like a similar budget to Broadsword productions! ;)
sodoto
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by sodoto »

Mmm, I think I'm going to make the eye-shield when I'm home, and come back to uni on the coach waving it around and seeing how many people vomit from seeing it...
Sidestep right.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

I actually like the sound of this project, having attended the RPG two years in a row (which is a great experience and very successful!). Your uni lot sound like they'll have right laugh, and I say go for it! I'd help, but I happen to be in Aberystwyth (boo urns in this case).

Hope you have a great time filming it! ;D
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

This sounds like a very good project! It is always fun doing the KMRPG, we're now up at Season 7 (filming in August) so some of us must like doing it ;).

I look forward to seeing how you progress with the project. :)
Last edited by Kieran on 18 Mar 2005, 16:11, edited 1 time in total.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
sodoto
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by sodoto »

Yeah the KMRPG looks a lot of fun - wish I could come!! Heehee. Oh well. Must content myself with making a papier mache (sp?) eye shield... Hmm... It is a rather dubious pleasure.
Sidestep right.
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

A FrightKnight?

I like the sound of that.

But then I would, wouldn't I? ;D

Good luck in your arts + crafts skills. I couldn't even make a paper maché mountain- it collapsed.
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

sodoto wrote:We already have a plan for the life force meter - we're going with the trusty pie. Mmm. Apple pie.
As long as you put it to better use than the one in American Pie! ;)

Sounds like a lot of fun. Please keep us updated, and good luck!
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
sodoto
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by sodoto »

Ewwww. Nope, we'll just be cutting the pie and eating it. Ewww.

Also: I'm assuming you guys would like to see it when it's done, so will possibly need some help at the end of May to find out a) how best to put it in a downloadable format and b) where best to get webspace for it. Either that, or I'll copy it onto VHS and post it to people who want it. :)
Sidestep right.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

sodoto wrote: Yeah the KMRPG looks a lot of fun - wish I could come!!
You did!! Give your fairy godmother the day off. ;D

I happen to know that the project got postponed until the autumn; but keep the updates and the inspiration flowing if you can...
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.