Knightmare Adventure

Interested in offering help to the Knightmare community? Make or respond to requests for help here.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Knightmare Adventure

Post by Emii »

Right, chaps and chappesses: am asking for help from those of you that wish to :)

I'm trying to write and plan a Knightmare Adventure for the Live Action Roleplay society I am a part of. It's the first one I've done, so I'm going to need a lot of help from my fellow members, but I'd like you lot to help too.

What I need is for people to shout ideas at me for encounters I can include - they can be existing puzzles, new ideas for puzzles, existing characters, new characters, RPG characters (providing those that own them agree).

Any ideas?
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Knightmare Adventure

Post by Malefact »

How about a Tower Of Hanoi lock? Once the discs have been transferred to the correct column, the door opens.

(The game is: you have three columns. On the first column, you have a set of discs - each one bigger than the last. They are arranged in order of size, the biggest at the bottom of the pile. The idea is to move the discs from one column to another. You can move only one disc at a time and you cannot put a larger disc on top of a smaller one.)
Subject to change.
keke
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by keke »

i dont really understand but some obstacle with a tightrope(like a rope with a rope above it)????????

wen u say live action role play what do you mean?

verbal puzzles etc or real ones
Knightmare game completion:
Level 1: 100%
Level 2: 8%
Level 3: 1%
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

The link below gives a bit more about Tower of Hanoi. This is based on a legend that says there is a temple in which monks are moving 64 different-sized gold discs
around and when the final disc is in its new position the world will end.

http://www.murderousmaths.co.uk/books/BKMMpxcp.htm

Also, it may sound simple but Knightmare lacked vertical gameplay, send them up ladders and things!
Last edited by HarveyTowers on 11 Jul 2004, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.
Good night out there; whatever you are!
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Live Action Roleplay is exactly what KM was - walking round having encounters with characters. This is what I'm doing with a group of about 30 roleplayers - 5 in a team, everyone else playing dungeon dwellers :)

So yes - we need physical puzzles. However, there is a twist, since our roleplay is very sword-fighting based:

The team go into the dungeon with the dungeoneer. Only the dungeoneer can touch objects and carry out tasks, but if a hoard of goblins come in, the rest of the team have to defend the dungeoneer. If the dungeoneer dies, the team dies.

Nice twist, eh?
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
LordF
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by LordF »

Sounds like a great idea.

Sounds good, and hopefully will look good.
LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear
pixie
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by pixie »

So where exactly do you do this role play? I'm intrigued...you'll obviously need a large playing space and do you use props? Sounds quite fun.
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

See the URL's in my signature
;)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

You mention that the Dungeoneers death has the ability to kill the team, Emii. So why not give them a slight dilemma? :-

Force the advisors to seperate from the dungeoneer in order to complete a task, leaving the dungeoneer vulnerable to attack and keeping the advisors nervous and on their toes because they can't help their team mate should there be trouble (which, of-course, there will be at least once ;) ).

A potential scenario would be: The team need to enter a fairly enclosed space to gain supplies and continue their quest. 'Arrange' for the dungeoneer to enter first and suddenly be cut-off from the rest of the team (perhaps a door or sentinel character would be useful here)

As the Dungeoneer continues with the task in hand, the rest of the team have to take the long way around and meet him/her at the far side. This of course is complicated by the compulsary hoard of Goblins being encountered WHILE THE DUNGEONEER IS ALONE. The advisors will need to react fast if they want to survive in 1 piece... :o
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

In terms of floor puzzles, the Causeway might be a bit difficult to recreate without computer graphics. I think some kind of giant hopscotch could work well - and it might be fun bringing out people's inner children that way!
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

pixie wrote: So where exactly do you do this role play? I'm intrigued...you'll obviously need a large playing space and do you use props? Sounds quite fun.
The Brollachan wrote: See the URL's in my signature
;)
Actually, Brollochan, you're wrong :P

Live Action is dressing up as a character, picking up a sword and a ref will put you in a real situation with others dressed up and armed, and you have to get yourself out of the situation.

It is NOT roleplaying online.

Pixie - yes, we need big playing space. We use the local woods which spans across a good few miles :)
Last edited by Emii on 12 Jul 2004, 17:16, edited 1 time in total.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

The Brollachan wrote: See the URL's in my signature
;)
The m is missing from the end of the surrounds address in your sig
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Oh not that again, I corrected this problem before.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
keke
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by keke »

oh then some big spiders webs made of strings weaved around an area. the dungeoneer must be guided through and on each string is a little bell. if a bell is rung more than a few times then "Ariadne" eould come and end the quest. At the end of the web is a tightrope thing and erm yes
Knightmare game completion:
Level 1: 100%
Level 2: 8%
Level 3: 1%
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

I love the spider's web/Adriane thing! Very doable and mucho nailbiting :D