New Articles Needed: Site and Forum now Linked

Announcements regarding the Knightmare community and website.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

New Articles Needed: Site and Forum now Linked

Post by Mystara »

Forum and Site Linked

After many years, I am pleased to report that the forum and main website are now linked together.

In due course, members of the forum will be able to log in to the main site. This will allow members of the community to submit new articles, run their own columns and interact with the rest of the community directly via the main site.

New Content

What we're looking for now is people to add new content to the main site. In particular, if you'd be interested in writing a new article, or if you have an idea for a regular column or section on our main site, we'd love to hear from you.

The main website receives over 100 times the traffic of the forum. For that reason, we'd like to encourage people to initially posting news, stories, fan contributions and articles/discussion on the main website rather than on the forum. The forum itself won't be going anywhere, and is an excellent place to engage in discussion on points raised on the site. But since so few people see the forum in comparison to the main site, we'd like to try and open up all the fantastic content that people have posted here to a wider audience.

Forum Articles

If you've previously authored a forum posting that you think people might look good on our main site, please get in touch with us. We'd love to feature these articles on knightmare.com so that we can show them off to a much bigger audience. Don't worry, the discussion following your post will remain, so there'll be no content lost as a result of the move.

Rewards

We are looking for rewards to be given out to people who contribute articles to the main site. These include special avatars and "awards" that will be visible from the main site and forum. Particularly enthusiastic contributors may also be awarded exclusive knightmare.com email addresses.

If you have any other ideas for rewards that we can offer, again, please feel free to suggest.

What's next?

We have a little more clean-up to do, and need to get the mailing list up and working again. After that, we'll see.... :)
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Re: New Articles Needed: Site and Forum now Linked

Post by shadow6162 »

Wow! This sounds amazing! :D
Many years ago I wrote fanfictions. Now I attempt to write sanely.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Only if people volunteer.
If nobody volunteers, there's not going to be any difference at all :)
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Post by shadow6162 »

Hmm...well how about showing my spyglass video? It's had a few views already but I think more people would like to see it.
Many years ago I wrote fanfictions. Now I attempt to write sanely.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Send me a message with some details in it, and we shall discuss it :)
DarkComet
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DarkComet »

What's the view on having previously posted audio plays and prose stories added to the site?
The Dunshelm Players
Audios plays and commentaries with a Knightmare flavour

The neighing and braying of farmyard animals follows
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

They would be ideal.
DarkComet
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DarkComet »

I have a feeling some manner of accord can be reached on this matter, in which case. ;)
The Dunshelm Players

Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Yes, putting the audio plays up would be great. On the other hand, I certainly wouldn't do it within explicit permission and I'd obviously prefer those responsible to be able to present them.

If you'd like to, let me know.
DarkComet
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DarkComet »

Well, HStorm is your man to go to on this, although considering the amount of new peoples who'll get to have a listen to what I still consider some very solid pieces of drama I cannot imagine any serious objections arising. They'd get a damn sight more exposure than any Wordpress site I could throw together, that's for sure.
The Dunshelm Players

SpectralScorpion
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by SpectralScorpion »

I'm happy to write an article for the site. I'm a writer by trade and it's something I've wanted to do for a while. The site could do with some new content too - if Knightmare does make it back to the telly that'll probably mean an influx of traffic, so it would be good if they could arrive to a regularly updated site. :)

What sort of articles are you looking for, Mystara? I can do analysis and such (like Forester did in the Lexicon) or something more serious if you prefer. Basically I'm open to whatever ideas you have.
SpectralScorpion (n) - One who is forever condemned to eat his words by his own brash arrogance. XD
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Mystara wrote:Yes, putting the audio plays up would be great. On the other hand, I certainly wouldn't do it within explicit permission and I'd obviously prefer those responsible to be able to present them.
(I assume you meant 'WITHOUT permission'... but never mind.) You have my happy endorsement in all circumstances.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

SpectralScorpion wrote:I'm happy to write an article for the site. I'm a writer by trade and it's something I've wanted to do for a while. The site could do with some new content too - if Knightmare does make it back to the telly that'll probably mean an influx of traffic, so it would be good if they could arrive to a regularly updated site. :)

What sort of articles are you looking for, Mystara? I can do analysis and such (like Forester did in the Lexicon) or something more serious if you prefer. Basically I'm open to whatever ideas you have.
Obviously a preference is for anything that might be of interest or worth discussion to the community.

Personally, I'm a fan of the analysis and commentary articles. But we'll accept anything that we think people will be interested in, to be honest.

If it's news related, or a download, then we can accept those too.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

HStorm wrote:
Mystara wrote:Yes, putting the audio plays up would be great. On the other hand, I certainly wouldn't do it within explicit permission and I'd obviously prefer those responsible to be able to present them.
(I assume you meant 'WITHOUT permission'... but never mind.) You have my happy endorsement in all circumstances.
That's excellent.

I'll try to set up the login system some time this week. Badger me if I haven't done it by next Sunday.

That way you'll be able to upload things directly.
SpectralScorpion
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by SpectralScorpion »

Mystara wrote:
SpectralScorpion wrote:I'm happy to write an article for the site. I'm a writer by trade and it's something I've wanted to do for a while. The site could do with some new content too - if Knightmare does make it back to the telly that'll probably mean an influx of traffic, so it would be good if they could arrive to a regularly updated site. :)

Obviously a preference is for anything that might be of interest or worth discussion to the community.

Personally, I'm a fan of the analysis and commentary articles. But we'll accept anything that we think people will be interested in, to be honest.

If it's news related, or a download, then we can accept those too.
Professionally I write topical featurettes for a football programme, and that sort of thing is transferable. How about an analysis of the series' controversial deaths and a verdict on whether or not they were fair or unfair?
SpectralScorpion (n) - One who is forever condemned to eat his words by his own brash arrogance. XD