Usernames?

Disucssion of topics that are not directly related to Knightmare.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Usernames?

Post by MoanaLiza »

I'm sorry if this has been asked before (which I don't think it has) but why did you chose your usernames/signatures? Mine was originally Mem200 (my login name) which as the name suggests was because I was the 200th person to register here. I have since changed my username twice; the first one being that since there had been quite a few people register since then I felt that it was time for a change and also I got bored with it. I couldn't think of much else to change it to though either. I then got bored with that a couple of months later (a couple of weeks ago) and decided it was time for a change again. At first I couldn't think of much I liked, then I came up with Moany Moana (which I couldn't decide on the spelling), which only stayed for a few minutes until I thought of Moana Liza, which I also thought was better overall and with the spelling. I also came up with my signature because as it and my name suggests, I like to have a good moan, sometimes about nothing.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Usernames?

Post by Emii »

Well,my full name is Emily, and this is shortened to Emii. Two i's just to be original. Another name I go by is Kulaemii, also with Emii in it but this is also often shortened to Kully.

Fair?
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

I assumed just about all the good character names had gone, so I just took a fairly poor pun...

Although I suppose with my name being Mark, I could always simply change it to "Mark Knight" ;D
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I won mine from my friends...  ;D

I told so many jokes to them and I was nutty as a fruit-cake... I am a crazy person and sometimes people don't know what I am on about...  ;D

I am Atypically Autistic too so don't be surprised if I write out something stupid once in a while...  :(

It didn't stop me from watching it though... I was totally addicted to it...   ;)
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Never trust anyone who claims to be mad/crazy/nutty or anything like.  ::)
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

When I stumbled across www.knightmare.clara.net in late October 2001, a few weeks into my first year at university, after looking at the series guides and watching the clips (which was absolutely epochal - I hadn't seen some of them for 14 years!) I made my way to the forum. I saw that many people had interesting pseudonyms and decided that if I was going to impose myself I'd better choose one myself. Unfortunately, I was stuck for ideas. Then, I noticed that a couple of months earlier, someone called Malifact had made a post (their sole post, I think). So, I decided to call myself Malefact. Stunning originality, eh? Now you know. :)

Were I to change my nickname, I think it would be to Q because he's one of my favourite characters from Star Trek. Alternatively, Arx or Pondermatic. Any of those. I don't think I will, though, because people seem to have got used to my current name. Changing it may cause confusion. Also, malefact is my BT Openworld username and I can't be bothered to fiddle about with changing it. ;D
Subject to change.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

My username's more straightforward than it looks. Spell it backwards!  ;) I first used it when entering captions for the competitions on the fantastic Interactive Knightmare website.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I'd become bored with using my own name or random things, so decided to steal a character name. I didn't especially want to go for something really obvious, so I took those two and threw them together. I liked the nice alliteration, really. The whole roleplay bit came a bit later.

My username is actually Grimaldine, but since the forum allows a name of more than one word, I changed it the day I registered to what it is now. I'm pretty sure I set my sig. pretty soon after too, and haven't changed it since. Oh, in that case, the roleplay must have been there from the start.
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 06 Nov 2003, 20:22, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Never trust anyone who claims to be mad/crazy/nutty or anything like.
Emii! I found that rather offensive...!  >:(  >:(  >:(
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Why? It's perfectly true!  ;D
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

I chose Velda because I liked the name, even though the character definately isn't a favourite here (I'm not keen on her myself).  But although I'm called Velda, I'm probably more like Arwen in LOTR. :)
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I chose Velda because I liked the name, even though the character definately isn't a favourite here
Oops. I really should stop sniping about the overacting, strange wig and the oh so unrealistic crossbow firing, shouldn't I?
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

Lol, you're right though!  I don't like the way she runs in bellowing at the top of her voice and that strange crouching thing she does, waving the dagger about.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

When I first posted on the old Knightmare forum (February 2001 - incredible how time flies!) I posted as LORD FEAR. Then a million Lord Fears started posting on the forum all at once, and to avoid confusion, I started posting under my own name, James Aukett. More recently, in revitalising my interest for this forum and the recently re-released Fighting Fantasy gamebook series (like the Knightmare gamebooks but longer) I decided to choose a pseudonym (like most people here) and opted for Zagor, the main bad guy in the first ever Fighting Fantasy gamebook (or if you prefer, The Warlock of Firetop Mountain).

And there you have it  8)
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

Back in the days of the old Bravenet Forum I used to wander about the place as 'Audio_tracker'. I still have the hotmail address in that name.

It came from playing Lazer Quest and paintball games because I'm notorious for using my ears to find people more than my eyes! (If you've ever played Lazer Quest or Megazone When there's a pack of screaming kids in the arena, I'm sure you'd get the idea...).

Unfortunately, when I started training as an audio engineer, a lot of companies that I pitch to for work think it is some kind of E-Mail scam. Or worse, some kind of wannabes agency.

These days I go by 'Snowcat'. I've always had a thing about white Tigers and part-timed at a safari park for a while so the name stuck.

The sig? Well, most here have something fairly daft and funny on the go and I'm sure that I remember hearing something akin to "time turns when the fire burns". It's probably a mis-quote but I don't care...
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...