New The Crystal Maze Series 2

Disucssion of topics that are not directly related to Knightmare.
MindlessAutomartum
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

New The Crystal Maze Series 2

Post by MindlessAutomartum »

I see that series two starts on Sunday 15th April (one week away!). It’s at 2000, so the same time as KM chat.

I wonder if any existing games will be kept, or whether they will all be new. I was a little disappointed that we never saw “Create a Pathway to Release the Crystal” completed, because that was one of my favourites. I also liked the game in Industrial Zone with the stepping on spinning discs and the Medieval Zone game with the clue solving behind the rotating wall. Those had a feel of Classic TCM to them.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: New The Crystal Maze Series 2

Post by Canadanne »

It's not Series 2, it's the remaining episodes of Series 1, so probably no new games.
MindlessAutomartum
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

But Wikipedia says it’s series 2! It must be true!

Fingers crossed that we get to see the pathway completed then. They should make it like The Cube, where you get to see an expert play the game and see what happens when the crystal is won.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: New The Crystal Maze

Post by Drassil »

The Channel 4 website is calling it Series 3...

I enjoyed the Jazzy Jury episode as much as I've enjoyed any of the original episodes. A good mix of triumph and disaster in the games; a team that took it seriously; Richard Ayoade getting the balance right and complementing the team and the maze rather than overshadowing them. There was even a possible Knightmare reference when he told the Knight that the Futuristic Zone door would open without riddles.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

I'm going to go with "Series 1B", just to be extra.

I've been enjoying this series too, and coming to Knightmare Chat an hour later than usual in order to watch it. A lot of the teams have been rather over-the-top in terms of celebration, but some others (like the aforementioned Jury team) have been great teams, and we've seen some games completed that have never been before - including, thankfully, Complete the Pathway!
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
MindlessAutomartum
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

For me, the real series 2 is a big improvement over series 1. The Futuristic Zone no longer looks cheap and tacky, and they’ve made some visual enhancements to the other zones too. I’m liking the new games too. One was taken from the original show, and there were four or five other games which were heavily influenced by it. Good to see Jarhead works well in Medieval Zone too, but man was that last riddle ****ing tricky! It’s not ****ing surprising there was so much ****ing swearing! 🙄