Dark Season/Century Falls

Disucssion of topics that are not directly related to Knightmare.
stockholmsyndrome
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Dark Season/Century Falls

Post by stockholmsyndrome »

I respect this is a Knightmare site, but much like the references to robot wars and crystal maze here...Does anyone remember these? Dark Season 'edgey teen drama' of something creepy going down in the suburbs casting Kate Winslet. Also Century Falls which was very dark for Children's T.V. both Written by Russell T Davies (I think). Century Falls was about a secreative cult in an isolated Nothern village. Saw them as stable mates to Knightmare in the early 90s. Dark Season was excellent, alongside Knightmare one of the best shows from those times. Dark Season is on you tube.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Dark Season/Century Falls

Post by Canadanne »

Yes, always remembered Dark Season (it seemed wonderfully creepy when I was a kid) and rewatched it online a few months ago! Can't say I remember Century Falls though.
stockholmsyndrome
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Dark Season was creepy with an edge, Century Falls was mind bending terror, building tensions and atmosphere, alluding to evil unseen. An urban myth is that it was banned from Kids T.V, although have found nothing to back this up...didn't help that Animals of Fathing wood was shown before, a pretty morbid cartoon although not scary in itself.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

I haven't heard of either of these!! 8-o
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

That's odd - I watched The Animals of Farthing Wood religiously, so not sure why I've never heard of the programme shown after it!
stockholmsyndrome
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

stockholmsyndrome wrote:Dark Season was creepy with an edge, Century Falls was mind bending terror, building tensions and atmosphere, alluding to evil unseen. An urban myth is that it was banned from Kids T.V, although have found nothing to back this up...didn't help that Animals of Fathing wood was shown before, a pretty morbid cartoon although not scary in itself.
Watched Century Falls dvd again, holds up very well, mind bending terror ermm is too strong, but its still dark and unsettling in places, does create a great atmosphere. Dark Season all up on You Tube, the shell suits and box computers not aged so well, but still cool. Both written by Russell T Davies
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

None of these were as terrifying as Candle Cove.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.