BUS COUNTRY - Land's End to John O'Groats 2011

Disucssion of topics that are not directly related to Knightmare.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

BUS COUNTRY - Land's End to John O'Groats 2011

Post by JamesA »

Alright folks - hope I'm not abusing my powers as moderator for doing this, but I thought I would let everyone know about my little charity adventure happening later on this month.

Basically as the title of this thread suggests, I'll be travelling from Land's End to John O'Groats via bus from the 22nd to the 27th of August. It's basically comes as a result of the job I've been doing for the past seven and a half years, as well as my taste for adventure as I'm sure the more veteran members of the Knightmare community can vouch for. And it's being done for charity too (namely The Children's Society)!

You can read all about my planned adventure by clicking on the link below:

http://www.lejogbuscountry.org.uk

In a nutshell, the website will tell you all the places I'll be visiting during the expedition, as well as how to donate (should you wish) and there's the little bit about me too.

Thanks for reading guys, and I hope there'll be some KM people supporting me on this one.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Re: BUS COUNTRY - Land's End to John O'Groats 2011

Post by shadow6162 »

This sounds good good luck :D
Many years ago I wrote fanfictions. Now I attempt to write sanely.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I'm pleased to say that everything generally went to plan and the website has now been fully updated with a whole host of pictures, useful info and best of all.... some videos detailing each and every day of my adventure.

Hope you enjoy them, there's at least an hour's worth of footage combined there.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Nice one James! That must have been so much fun. The X53 is a great bus route, I use it frequently for various destinations between Weymouth and Sidmouth. :) Nice to see some other familiar places too, like Dorchester, Blandford, Salisbury and the two end points! You also passed through several of my friends' hometowns, so that was interesting to see. Glad you managed to complete your journey without any major problems.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Blimey, that's some sinister music you chose!

Loved the first vid, always does my heart good to see the West Country. I was in Okehampton about 18 months ago, visiting the castle. I think I caught the same bus on the way back to Exeter that day, though I'm not sure.

(Pity you didn't get more pix of Exeter by the way, but then I'm biased...)