The legend of Merlin....

Disucssion of topics that are not directly related to Knightmare.
Visage
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

The legend of Merlin....

Post by Visage »

Hello everyone,

First off, sorry for not posting here so very often :-[ I love to read, but I try to restrict posting to the Surrounds forum to prevent too much procrastination during essay time!

However, I have a favour to ask...

I'm an English student and I'm thinking of doing a thesis on Representations of Merlin in English Literature... I've specified English to avoid having to learn too much Medieval French and Latin, which is quite a relief!

Obviously this is going to involve a lot of Mallory, Spenser and Tennyson, but I'd really appreciate people to point me towards some of Merlin's appearences in other, perhaps lesser known books. I've already thought of 'The Once and Future King' with its rather famous first book 'The Sword in the Stone', but any other incarnations would be very helpful indeed!

I'm sure this will also embarrass me with an obvious one that I've failed to mention, but I'm writing this at 1.30am so I blame tiredness if I've ignored a major work of literature in which he appears!

I know this isn't strictly Knightmare discussion, but I fear not many will see it if I put it on the Back-up...

Thanks everyone!
What is real?
Visage
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:The legend of Merlin....

Post by Visage »

*Sigh*

How could I have forgotten Geoffrey of Monmouth? The Writer of the most comically inaccurate history of Britain ever.....

Not to mention Mary Stewart....

Now I really am stuck for more!
What is real?