CITV documentary

Report and discuss latest knews and developments relating to Knightmare.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: CITV Old Skool Weekend

Post by JamesA »

WOW.... I'm hoping there's some bigwig TV executives sitting up and taking notice.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Re: CITV documentary

Post by pjmlfc05 »

JamesA wrote:
WOW.... I'm hoping there's some bigwig TV executives sitting up and taking notice.
Lets hope so! This goes to show how popular The Old Skool weekend is proving to be. Already enjoying it and not long to Knightmare now!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

There was a clip of Hugo Myatt scarily wishing CITV a happy birthday, just before Fun House!
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Wow!!! So amazing to see Knightmare again! There was a huge surge in people on the forum too! I hope it has brought some new fans as well as old onto here!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Most users ever online was 109 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:43 pm - yay!

CITV section of ITV Player:
https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/categories/citv/
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

I noted #knightmare was the 2nd highest trend for some time this afternoon! Ace stuff.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

It's encouraging, but I wonder how many of the tweet-seekers are nostalgics, and how many are newcomers curious about the series' history. When considering whether KM has a future, my worry is whether the visuals, always one of the great strengths when the series was current, can really cut it for a modern audience, and whether the gameplay is fast enough.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

HStorm wrote:It's encouraging, but I wonder how many of the tweet-seekers are nostalgics, and how many are newcomers curious about the series' history. When considering whether KM has a future, my worry is whether the visuals, always one of the great strengths when the series was current, can really cut it for a modern audience, and whether the gameplay is fast enough.
I understand what your saying. If anything it was positive to see so many people say how much they enjoyed it. I believe Knightmare could be released on DVD. Or hopefully Challenge TV will show it again. Either way, i don't think we will see the last of Knightmare after tomorrow.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Oh indeed not. Those of us making fan projects are making sure of that. ;) It's just a question of how big a following KM gets will affect the chances of official material being re-released.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

It's all a bit up in the air at the moment.

The DVD project ran in to its own problems of not really having enough support and the rights holders not getting back to me. However, with Challenge currently (allegedly) pursuing the rights, there doesn't seem to be any point in pushing things - and I doubt there would be much support if the entirety of Knightmare were to be re-shown on TV.

But then, Challenge have presumably also been stalled while CITV show the two series 7 episodes.

Add to that, the fact that it's never going to be clear whether Challenge have given up or not, and it's all very difficult to tell what the situation is with anyone, except to say that the demand for something clearly still exists.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Hopefully the level of interest shown on twitter may lead to good news sooner or later. Until there is official news we can still be optimistic. Thanks for the update Alan.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Perhaps this weekend is the perfect time to start pushing the DVD release idea on Facebook groups and the likes? And Aegis Quest and other media projects?
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

HStorm wrote:Perhaps this weekend is the perfect time to start pushing the DVD release idea on Facebook groups and the likes? And Aegis Quest and other media projects?

Couldn't agree more. There may not be a better time or opportunity to do this, especially with the feedback on the social networks after Knightmare was shown. Plus the forum and website itself attracted a record amount of people! I'm sure it will be the same again tomorrow.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

As always, I completely approve if people want to do that.