KNIGHTMARE RETURNS TO CITV

Report and discuss latest knews and developments relating to Knightmare.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: KNIGHTMARE RETURNS TO CITV

Post by Kieran »

I'd love to see Woof! again, hopefully the series' before it became impossible to understand who was the actual dog.  Did they ever explain why it chnaged?  And why one was a he and SUDDENLY was a she?

Duckula and Dangermouse!  Voices by David Jason of course, and Penfold being voiced by the talented late Terry Scott.

As for KM on CITV, I will predict that they will show....Episode 1 of series 1! (meaning I think they will only show one ep.)

We could all vote :)

What does everyone else think they will show? ("nothing" is of course an answer! sadly)
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Hope it is s1 PR1 that they show - be nice to have a maximum-quality recording of it.

Friday, 3rd Jan - FRIDAY of all days! Hey, hey, it'll be just like old times  ;D
Subject to change.
John_Hoare
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by John_Hoare »

Series 1 of Woof! on video:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 80-9194815

I'm currently in contact with someone who worked on Woof!, and have to ring Carlton (next week) in order to get permission for my coming Woof! website (not a cold call; they already know about it; it should be fine). I've got lots of interesting stuff for the site, so expect something early next year :)

As for the dogs, it was Eric between Series 1-5, Rex between series 6-8, and the girl for Series 9, which I've never actually seen. I'm concentrating on the early series at the moment, but expect that to be covered eventually.

I'll put a lot of work on the site over Christmas, and try and get it up soon.
MrP
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by MrP »

I think it's fantastic to see that Knightmare may about to re-appear. Repeats are always welcome, but a brand new series is something that has looked less and less likely despite a lot of hoping and dreaming over the past 8+ years. The format was never going to be the way it used to be - as was said earlier, the helmet etc were born out of necessity. If some of the old team are involved, it's bound to keep some of the elements that made it great in the first place!

Can I also say how brilliant it is to have this site available and updated so regularly so we can keep up with any news. Cheers!
If this were really happening, what would you think?
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: IMPORTANT THEORY

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

In any case, once today's viewing audience see an episode of Km, a new army of fans could be won over.
Yes, it is quite fortunate that it's being repeated at the same time there's a possible new series in the pipeline. Hopefully it'll mean more people will be adding their voices to the campaign to bring KM back to our screens. When the KM reformat is done, I guess Televirtual could do with some people power in their quest to get someone to show it. Hopefully if and when the time comes there'll be a good number of people with pens at the ready and the TV companies' addresses at hand.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

This new format worries in a way. Its a really good concept but it seems it could take the Dungeoneers Destiny(TM) out of their own hands - what happens if you get a particularly malicious audience and it decides to put as many traps in the dungeoneers path as possible? :)
I guess the audience at any one time would be pretty similar to that of other weeks, so it wouldn't be too much of a problem. And I guess there would just be a choice of obstacles to put before the dungeoneer (I'm a slow convert to this "avatar" word) so they wouldn't be able to give them loads of obstacles one week and very few the next. I also guess that at least some of what they'd face will be fixed (i.e., not up for a vote), so the production team can level out any inconsistencies. :)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

For the most part, getting a dungeoneer in and out of a room was simply a matter of course. What they did in the room was more important - clue rooms, for example.
The occasions when blindness became potentially lethal was in timing exercises, causeways, bomb rooms, any room with gaps in the floor, and the Corridor of Blades.

What's stopping them from blinding the dungeoneer for just those types of room?
Temporary blindness/having to rely on the advisor is certainly a possibility. Otherwise at least some of these puzzles could remain a challenge simply by speeding them up. A different type of challenge, admittedly, but a challenge nonetheless.
Anton
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Anton »

One thing to bear in mind is that fri 3rd Jan falls out at the end of the 2 week xmas/new year schedule. Citv doesn't usually start broadcasting again (in its afternoon time slot) until the week after. Therefore anything they do on Jan 3rd would be put in specially and this could mean a longer/shorter slot for the special. Alternatively, they could dedicate an entire week to the celebrations (the following week) as they did with the 40 years of Childrens TV back in the mid nineties. - Maybe this is too much to hope for.
Also, thought of some more programs
Funhouse
Just Us
Wilderness Edge (Not a particular fave)
3,7,11 (not a particular fave either)
Press gang (first episode I saw turned out to be the last one they made)
Allsorts
Bad Influence
Dreamstone.
The list could (and probably will) go on....
Anton
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Anton »

And a point about the Knightmare repeat itself.... I know it's pretty obvious, but I hope they choose to put on a first in the series, and therefore introduce new viewers at a point where there have been many changes (from previous season) anyway, just as much of that stuff was new to us the first time we saw it.
I don't think series one, though. I think viewers should see it when it is a bit more developed.
Series 5 I would say, or series 3 if you think it's better in the earlier days.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I think the first programme in series 1 would be a better choice. All the rules are explained thoroughly at the start and it features a death. To someone who has never seen the programme before, both these things are vital to have. After all, the deaths are one of the things that made Km stand out.

I doubt they'd show any of series 3 - Challenge have already scooped the rights for that one.

Alternatively, the first in series 2 is also a good choice. A helluvalot happens in it so it'd be sure to grab the audience's attention.

Jan 3rd - Friday no less! Just like old times  ;D
Subject to change.
Anton
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Anton »

I went out and got my xmas tv guide today (out a day early too!) and there's a bit of news, if you can call it that.
On January 3rd there is definately CITV Birthday Bash, but it is at 9:25am and is on until 10:45am. So, not in the afternoon, but in the holiday morning slot.
So far I have "TV Times" and "What's on TV", "Radio Times" not out yet. Both of these magazines are produced by the same company hence the pretty similar listings description which says something like "Special birthday show featuring Matthew Kelly, grotbags, roland rat"
There are no links to special feature in either magazine and No mention of Knightmare.  This does not mean Knightmare won't be shown, but at least we now know the time slot for the show is 80 minutes. This is (obviously) definately long enough to show an ep of Knightmare, but is it likely that they would want to dedicate such a sized proportion of the show to a single program when they have 20 years to celebrate?  

I shall keep an eye out for the RT et the others
MarkHemingway
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by MarkHemingway »

Well if it's only an 80 minute show then I guess we'll have to make do with clips of Knightmare and not full episodes.

Unless, of course, CITV decide to show episodes in thier normal schedule, but we'll have to wait until we get the first post-Xmas issue of a TV mag....
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

They might just do what C4 did last year and show only clips from the first episode ever
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Wasn't there talk of a possible Theme Night on ITV2 at some stage? If so, perhaps an episode might feature there.
Duncan
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Duncan »

Don't forget to tune in to-morrow morning at 9.25 to see if Knightmare gets shown on ITV.

Remember to set your alarm clocks early.

And best of all, Tommy Boyd will be helping introduce the programmes!

-Duncan