Retro Gamer Magazine

Report and discuss latest knews and developments relating to Knightmare.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Retro Gamer Magazine

Post by Mystara »

For those of you who don't read the main site (shame on you!), there's an article on Knightmare in issue 90 of Retro Gamer Magazine.
The article has interviews with Hygo Myatt, David Rowe, Jon Dead, Mev Dinc, Tony Crowther and myself.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Retro Gamer Magazine

Post by Drassil »

(Sorry to report that there's a typo or two in your post, Alan, and one is quite unfortunate. :( Next time, can I request an i in David Rowe's surname? :D)

I wonder what the magazine's circulation is. I couldn't find out. Anyway, the Retro Gamer Forum's own thread on Issue 90 is here. The writer and the interviewees all did themselves and Knightmare credit, so well done. Perhaps controversial of Hugo Myatt, though, to say that the best moments came from the best teams. ;)
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

I don't understand. An "i" in David Rowe's surname? According to his website it's spelt "Rowe". There is no "i".

Doubtless my crappy week is slowing my brain. But I'm confoozed :(
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

I'm simply suggesting that 'David Rowie' would be a fun typo, because it would resemble another famous name. :)
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Drassil wrote:I'm simply suggesting that 'David Rowie' would be a fun typo, because it would resemble another famous name. :)
Yep, I know what Drassil's talking about here. If you need a further clue, try and think of a rather infamous Level 3 clue item that was used by a team in Series 3....
Drassil wrote:Anyway, the Retro Gamer Forum's own thread on Issue 90 is here. The writer and the interviewees all did themselves and Knightmare credit, so well done. Perhaps controversial of Hugo Myatt, though, to say that the best moments came from the best teams. ;)
I'm very glad to see that most of the forum comments I'm reading over there are very positive about Knightmare. As for the article itself, I'm hoping to purchase a copy online as soon as I get paid next week, so no further spoilers please. Once I have read the article I'll do some scans of it and put them up in this thread should people wish, like I did with the article in SFX magazine a few years back.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

James wrote:If you need a further clue, try and think of a rather infamous Level 3 clue item that was used by a team in Series 3....
Good one!
no further spoilers please
Was that just a figure of speech? ;) If not, I think you'll have to allow people the freedom to talk about the article in as much detail as they wish as soon as they wish, because it does deserve to be discussed by anyone who cares to. If you feel that posts about the article may damage your appreciation of it, the simplest solution is surely to take your eye off this thread for the moment. :)

According to one post in the Retro Gamer Issue 90 thread, KM was never shown in Norway. This is interesting, given that it made it to Finland. I wonder if we'll ever get a definitive list of the countries in which it was shown. As long as Tim Child is still open to interviews, hope sprigs eternal. ;)