Knightmare in Celebrate The 80s

Report and discuss latest knews and developments relating to Knightmare.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Knightmare in Celebrate The 80s

Post by Drassil »

Hi. Currently out is a 'bookazine' titled Celebrate The 80s (£7.99, Dennis Publishing Ltd.). I saw it in the magazine section of WH Smith. It consists of double-page spreads on selected films, music, computer games and TV of the 1980s - and Knightmare is among them. The article isn't without inaccuracies - for example, the main picture is from Knightmare VR rather than Knightmare, and the word skull is spelt wrongly - but there are good points too, and it's certainly preferable to Knightmare not being included in the publication at all, in my opinion.

I could go into more detail, but I'll wait a bit to give people the chance to track down Celebrate The 80s for themselves, if anyone wishes to.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Knightmare in Celebrate The 80s

Post by AriadnesLayer »

Thanks! Next time I'm in a book shop I'll look for this publication and peruse the Knightmare page, but I probably won't buy the actual book just for the Knightmare feature (unless I like other items within it too).
Naitch
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Naitch »

This is a great little book/magazine.

Its got loads of great stuff, music, TV, games 'fassion', the lot.

I would highly recommend this!

Plus, of course, it mentions Knightmare :D
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Can we get some scans?
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

If you can offer me the use of a scanner, sure. ;) The best I can do for now is to say that I plan to type up some quotations from the article in the not-too-distant future.

Celebrate The 80s is available on Amazon.co.uk.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

(Apologies for the double post.)

Details of the article are now available at http://interactive.knightmare.org.uk/le ... 0The%2080s.