SOMETHING STIRS

Report and discuss latest knews and developments relating to Knightmare.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: SOMETHING STIRS

Post by JamesA »

Yesterday I interviewed Tim for the 25th anniversary documentary.

It was another short-notice affair (he contacted me the previous day stating that he was in London for a short while), so I made my way down to see him without hesitation.

It was of course great to meet him, and a fine chap he was too. However, after the interview was finished, I had to ask him about the posts he made in this thread, in an attempt to seek some "closure" for us all.

His response was that last year, he met some people who were interested in developing a project for a US version of Knightmare. An American agent was licensed and Tim entered into an agreement with these people - after that, a number of interesting meetings occured but since then, nothing has ever come of them.

Perhaps this is also why he didn't say anything further about what could have been in 2008/9, as he concluded by saying that "he doesn't want to get people's hopes up". I also showed him the Daily Mirror article that was published a few months ago, which he immediately stated was outdated and incorrect, the "quote" that he mentioned was virtually taken from this thread for certain.

So there we have it. Tim Child will be in the forthcoming 25th anniversary documentary and some light has finally been shed on a mystery that had previously baffled many for some time.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Interesting to note that he's still ever-so-slightly active, despite being retired.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

And good that we got some clarification on what was meant to beguile us back all those years ago.

Still, you never know; a US version of Knightmare might have been fun to watch. Excuse me while I go out and ask some old men if they've ever heard of Lords Of The Game...
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Post by shadow6162 »

I thought that! I wish Lords of the Game did go ahead, but you can't have everything I guess -_-
Many years ago I wrote fanfictions. Now I attempt to write sanely.
Naitch
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Naitch »

I'm personally not sure how good an actual American version of Knightmare would have been to be honest!

However I am thrilled that Tim has teken part in the documentary!!

I rally can't wait to see it!

It will be amazing!! :) 8) :)
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Thank you, James. You've done us a great service. I hope that meeting Tim Child was a highly positive experience for you, and vice versa. Interviews with him can be quite elucidating, so I look forward to seeing what he had to say.