New Tim Child interview!

Report and discuss latest knews and developments relating to Knightmare.
Billy
Knight
Knight

New Tim Child interview!

Post by Billy »

Check out this awesome Tim Child interview on the website Bother's Bar. I think this quote is the highlight:
I don't like wasting good adventures on poor teams, and the cast felt the same. 'Kill them Tim', they'd say to me in the corridor. 'This lot are pathetic.'
http://www.bothersbar.co.uk/weekendspec ... mchild.htm

Happy reading!
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:New Tim Child interview!

Post by Kieran »

I was shown this by someone else. It's a fairly revealing interview, in all, and gives us some insight in his current feelings toward KMVR.

A mix of blue screen and VR? Interesting compromise.

The interview is well worth a read. Raven doesn't seem to go down that well with him, either!
Last edited by Kieran on 20 Jul 2007, 15:22, edited 1 time in total.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Naitch
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Naitch »

Great interview!

Thanks for the link, a great read! :)
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

Nice catch! ;D

It's nice to actually have Tim Child in candid mode rather than the semi-controlled "Camera Interview".

Some interesting stuff here.
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Thanks again for the link, Billy. There was much of interest in that interview, and it's helped to make 2007 a better-than-expected year for Knightmare fans. Tim Child is obviously still willing to discuss Knightmare and share gems of behind-the-scenes information; just a shame that he no longer does so on this forum like he used to.
Kieran wrote: It's a fairly revealing interview, in all, and gives us some insight in his current feelings toward KMVR.

Erm, didn't TC tell us that over two years earlier? ;)
Tim Child wrote: ... after giving it much thought, I have decided that any new version of Knightmare would be best as a mixture of VR and live action, i.e. a real dungeoneer and a helmet, and blindfolding, and (once again) a blue studio.
Kudos to the interviewer for a balanced range of questions, covering more than just Knightmare. Were I given the chance to interview Mr. Child, I'd only want to bombard him with really specific queries about various KM quests, annoying him no end in the process!
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

'Erm, didn't TC tell us that over two years earlier? ;)'

Well, it would seem he certainly did, alas I don't have total recall on everything he has said about the show.

It felt like some news to me at the time, and even if it was mistaken it was certainly nice to at least think I had read something new!
Last edited by Kieran on 29 Dec 2007, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Gizensha
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Gizensha »

Kieran wrote: I was shown this by someone else. It's a fairly revealing interview, in all, and gives us some insight in his current feelings toward KMVR.

The interview is well worth a read. Raven doesn't seem to go down that well with him, either!
Well, from a personal standpoint, while I enjoy Raven, it doesn't appeal to the same aspect of me that Knightmare appeals to.

Knightmare was essentially a strange mix of [western] cRPG and roleplay. Raven... Is Mario Party Medieval Edition: The Gameshow.

(Of course, since I read the interview months ago I could be completely misremembering the content, but Tim Child's point about the Crystal Maze and artificial build-up to a climax is an interesting one, although I don't agree that the more open ended nature of Knightmare is 'better', simply less traditionally gamey.