Winning quest numero...er... eight

Aldude
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Winning quest numero...er... eight

Post by Aldude »

I just watched it for the first time in years.
what the hell?
:o
ermm... I don't know how they can say they were given a "tougher level 3". It really wasn't - they got the fireball breaking floor room, and a rune lock. If the addition of Snapperjack made it a "tougher level 3" (who, let's be honest, gave pretty darned easy riddles) then so be it.
And by watching the level of communication with Maldame... well, I can't say that they improved from level 1. Also, what kind of a puzzle was navigating him off the Golden Galleon? All he did was walk across a plank which he could see! /rant

You want a real dungeoneer - Barry Thorne. A dungeoneer with charm. Or EVEN, that Nathan dude from S8, team 3 - he was a cheeky little sod. I reckon they deserved a win.

oh, hi by the way
Sidestep to the left....
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Winning quest numero...er... eight

Post by Fidjit »

Hello there and watch the language a bit ;)
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
SrWilson3S
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SrWilson3S »

Ah don't read too much into it man just look at it and the facts why it happened - they wanted a winning quest desperatly to end the series so they fixed it for em.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

It's been argued before....
Again

And again

And again

Regarding a "tougher level 3" we only did it once. I cannot comment. Tim Child says it was tougher. It's not like he has a reason to lie. As I recall, it did require some degree of negotiation and remembering the correct details (to get Maldame on board). Don't underestimate the difficulty of something like that. From the moment we started filming, we were bombarded with new information regarding the dungeon, the NPCs, what was going on, and so on. Much of it was contradictory or outright wrong.

It's very easy (as a viewer) to forget that the teams going in to the dungeon have 0 knowledge from previous teams.

As for communication with Maldame, I'd suggest you're somewhat ignorant of the facts. While the Maldame room appears to be one construction, it's actually made up of two different rooms in distinct geographical locations. This makes it somewhat harder to relay instructions between three advisors and someone else that you can hear next door (and, along with feedback) through an earpiece one second later.

The golden galleon was filmed afterwards - with Tim Child guiding the dungeoneer. He couldn't see the plank, because it took him several attempts.

I'm happy to answer any other questions you have, providing you can moderate yourself :)