Dunstan and the 'Short Cut' (Fixed?)

JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Dunstan and the 'Short Cut' (Fixed?)

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

I know this is old hat, but I am just saying that I am inclined to agree with Alan Boyd (the team captain) and what he said on the Teams page of Series 8. (Although it says in the History of Knightmare that the levels were self-contained. ASIDE: From what point does this hold true? Because in series 3, one of the 'step' clues was earned in level 1 and used in level 2). But if the 'factual' statements in Alan Boyd's e-mail (or whatever) are correct (about getting a harder level 3 going via the shortcut to compensate), then I personally agree with him. If this occurred when there was plenty of time left in the series, the chance of winning would probably be about the same whether or not the team chose to take the shortcut. But the shortcut gave more chance of a finished quest (as opposed to a quest that ends because the time in the series runs out), and would therefore give more chance of a winning quest. However, I think that the chances of winnning would be about the same as any other team (from what I have said above).
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Dunstan and the 'Short Cut' (Fixed?)

Post by DavidNewton »

Sounds fair enough to me. I might remember this wrongly, but didn't one of the earlier teams find a 'short cut' as well?
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

No, it was the team after - the last one of the series who had all of 8 minutes!
Subject to change.
JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

Also, Barry's team in series 7 had a shortcut - though they were already on level 3, it skipped a chunk of level 3, I presume.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

That's right. They got the Corridor of Blades instead (quite a rapid one too).
Subject to change.
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

While we're on the subject of floor puzzles, was the one shown at the very end of series 5 ever used?

It looked hideously complex - alternately black and white tiles with numbers on them, which reversed occasionally (i.e. 72 becomes 27, etc.), and five doors at the end.
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Yee! That looked scary I know!
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

While we're on the subject of floor puzzles, was the one shown at the very end of series 5 ever used?
No, it was never encountered by a dungeoneer.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

Just as well, really.