Series 8 Episode 5

knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re:Series 8 Episode 5

Post by knightmaredave »

i think the team realised form the previos season that play your crads right was tricky and lead to traps so glad they got throught hordriss and the cat think made me laugh
knightmaredave
stevendoig
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Series 8 Episode 5

Post by stevendoig »

thoughts/observations

This team are really good at guiding!

I'm confused with the 'Play your cards right' - why was the eight of clubs the right one?

Even more confused with Treguards virtual insistence (Are you sure?) on using the Sight potion.- The team clearly expected the dungeoneer to be able to see clearly ,and he couldn't - so what was the point and what would have happened if they didn't have the potion.?

The fake Sidriss sub plot would have been better if they had to choose between two. As it stood, it was pretty lame.

I cant help but laugh at the dungeoneers 'Spyglass Position'!!
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

The eight of clubs is right because it follows the eight of hearts. In the absence of being able to follow suit, it seems the next best thing in this game is to match the previous number.
This account is disabled.
My new account is TheOldenDays
stevendoig
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by stevendoig »

That's fair enough :)

It would have foxed me though!
Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Morghanna »

Team 3 survived Snapper-Jack and entered the level 2 clue-room. Made a sensible choice again. Good thinking by Nathan to choose the objects before using the spyglass, in case they needed to exit quickly. :)
They arrived at the chaos of cards and made a really good job of it, discussing their choices logically. :) Amusing moment when it looked like Nathan had lost the "sight" potion. :D
Reached Hordriss in one of his awful disguises (a cat this time) and told him about the fake Sidriss bimboid. They encountered the fake Sidriss, which Hordriss destroyed and in gratitude he showed them the route to level 3. Used their enchanted feather to descend. Yay! :)

They arrived at Linghorm and encountered Maldame. They agreed to find an object for her (which would harm LF) and deploy it, but didn't ask for anything in return. Possibly a mistake? Maybe they assumed she would reward them after they had completed her task?
:idea: It was disappointing that Treguard only commented on this after they had moved on and it was too late. Considering the massive prompting some teams receive and the fact that this were a very young team, this seemed very harsh. :(

Retrieved Maldame's globe, and also some gold, then reached the entrance to Marblehead, where they encountered Bartram again. Nathan began to haggle really firmly again, but time-out interrupted their deal.
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D