Series 8 - Episode 1

Billy
Knight
Knight

Re:Series 8, Episode 1

Post by Billy »

Wow! Is this the same show?! Some INCREDIBLE CGI and a lot of new graphical revamps compared to Series 7, most of them for the better...except that blooming pie! What is this, Weebl and Bob? I know it was the easiest to work with, but it doesn't compare to a rotting face/skeleton. We had a team die out both in Level 1 and in the first episode today, something that hasn't happened in a long time. Still, Team 2 seem OK- I remember remarking on someone's excitable 'STOP!' in a Series 4 summary thread, but the one when the dragon popped up today was even more excitable. The Antechamber has had a huge redesign, what with things like the pool, the drawbridge and the door- I'm not too keen on the latter, though, I'd rather see losing teams zapped by a staff/spellcast away rather than simply walking out a door. Motley's back (hooray!) after a Series-long absence- don't know how he's heard of Stiletta, though. Brother Strange seems a bit different than last Season, his voice being slightly different than the monotone one heard before now. All in all, the Series seems to have started quicker than S7 did!
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

great stuff,
I liked the reach wand... well i never did but i think it great now, not only will the teams have to use accurate guiding when using it but that have to be quick.

And the Return of a different Red dragon.. must be smaller and far more stupid as Fears last... wonder why to got another one after the miscible death of Red death? Anyway... 1-0 kill for the 'new' Red Dragon. In fact it was a weird kind of death, not many teams died but the hauntings they chased them.

New fireball room is far better then the other, but Level one looked Little short.. which i think is far better.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

A Good episode. Liking all the new little details already. like the new look start chamber where they all stand up now, and the gate which is opened for the dungioneer to enter.

Lord Fears new chamber looks amazing, Also I like the thing with thge Fireball, it actually alerts the team better to place the spyglass down at the right time.

So Team 1 - How dumb were they, HELLO. Green for a Girl,Black For a Boy and the objects available were a GREEN knife, and BLACK pigeon dropping, Surely it was so obvious what to take. Also Richard even says Shall we take the Knife then, but the team say No, and even Treguard stepped in giving a hint by saying What did the Scroll say.

My first thought as an advisor would be to Take the Knife immediatly, because its so obvious, I cant believe they didnt really give it a second chance.

Nice Death Sequence with the Dragon, Shall I have it Cooked or Raw :-D

Suprised the little end bit at the end of the episode was'nt cut a litte where Majida says Do we really have to wait 7 days for more adventure etc. I'm thinking it may confuse a few viewers watching but hopefully it wont.

Roll on tomorrow for Episode 2 :)
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

The graphics do look fabulous, wouldn't be out of place today actually. Bit melodramatic Treguard though, "Game....ON!" with swooshing hands and slightly odd sound effects.

Shame I wish I hadn't looked at everything that happened in s8 on Km.com because I didn't think I'd see it until 2007... :(

The Eye shield does look weeny, admittedly, and Lord Fear doesn't look as good. Standing up just reveals his....portly figure.
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

In fact, FK, if I recall correctly I was a bit put off by Hugo's acting throughout this season. He seemed to be over-embellishing the delivery of every regular line he gave, especially "Oooooh nasty!"
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
mattymoo_goblin
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by mattymoo_goblin »

A brilliant start to Series 8. Am loving the return to Series 3 in that Teams can now die in Level 1 instead of being let off. They must've decided that they weren't going to be as forgiving in this series. The graphics are absolutely brilliant and like in previous posts I really like how the dungeoneer must step through the gate to begin the game.
The 2nd team seem quite interesting so i cant wait to see how far they get tommoro!
You Have too Remember Pickle That This Is Not Game....
KFan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by KFan »

Nice new environment for Lord Fear. I think it Knightmare had had its 9th series, it would have been interesting.

Anyway, Seen some knice rooms so far, allthough the fabulous level 3 hasn't appeared just yet. The Antechamber looked great! I'd forgotten about it being that way, and more classic majida and Treguard at the end over the fire!
Pipmuk
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Pipmuk »

Wow.... great episode.

Shame about team 1, but then again.. duh!!!!

The Knew red dragon Bhal-Shebah claimed its first victim.... i think the reach wand is involved in that puzzle.

4 rooms in level one? i was quite shocked.

Team 2 seem a bit disasterous... kneeling down to use a spyglass? ::) . lets see how it goes....
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

I apologise to Series 8. Was better than i remembered, and the graphics were actually q. good - rather those in S6 but meh. All i know is... 13 days left....
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.
rachelesque
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by rachelesque »

Pipmuk wrote: Team 2 seem a bit disasterous... kneeling down to use a spyglass? ::) . lets see how it goes....
no, the eyeshield is slightly cumbersome. i dont have the best balance in the world and when i had it (temporarily, wasnt on a team, long story), i would probably have had to get on one knee to be able to hold an item and balance properly when holding the spyglass infront of the eyeshield.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I couldn't watch it... :(
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I first saw this episode at the end of my first week of secondary school, almost ten years ago.

Looking at series 7 and 8, the direction the show was heading seems quite obvious to me now. Series 8's graphics are entirely computer-generated - the (at the time of writing) only series to boast this. The antechamber has been revamped for the first time since before series 4. The famous Dungeon Door is gone. All series of Km were unique but series 8 stands out a lot more than others. Series 9 appears to me to be the logical conclusion of the progression made in series 7 and 8. We first saw computer-animated faces in the Brollochan, after all. The ten-year break and accompanying technological advancements have allowed series 9, the next logical step in the evolution of the show, the chance to happen.
Subject to change.
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Actually, isn't the ante-chamber just one of the larger medieval rooms from The Crystal Maze? ;) Looks cosy...
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Gaminguy
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Gaminguy »

Yea, I remember series 8 the most. I love the sound effect when Bhal-Sheba appears with the slowly increasing sound of the deep raspy breath, much more scary than troll foot steps. And those graphics in the end credits for Marbelhead (I think), Knice.
Gaminguy
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Gaminguy »

Yea, I remember series 8 the most. I love the sound effect when Bhal-Sheba appears with the slowly increasing sound of the deep raspy breath, much more scary than troll foot steps. And those graphics in the end credits for Marbelhead (I think), Knice.